Lost internet to my pc, help

May 29, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I bought the Skytech Gaming - Prism II Gaming PC R7 5800X - 16G Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 1TB Gen4 SSD - 360mm AIO - White
Off of BestBuy and I messed up and reset the whole pc a while back including resetting the operating system so all of the preset programs and drivers you guys installed got removed also. Is there any way you can send me a list of everything 5hat is installed when you send the pc out? I've tried contacting the geek squad support with no help because I live 3 hours away from any bestbuy because I'm in a very rural area and cannot drive because of my crazy work schedule. I'm trying to avoid sending it in and I can just download all the drivers and programs myself if I know which ones they are, I have a seperate pc with internet connection so I can download the internet driver to it so I can start downloading the ones I need when I get a list. Please help, thank you.

My pc link... my motherboard is the Asrock x570s pg riptide if that helps...

Ah sorry, I misread it as a post aimed at BB :)

One of our expert members should be along shortly to offer advice.

Inexpert me would start by getting the PC online, so you can download straight to it without having to go thru another machine.

Have you tried Windows Wi-Fi troubleshooting?

Did you get any CDor DVD with the machine? Such would usually have everything you need on it.

May 29, 2022
Visit site
Ah sorry, I misread it as a post aimed at BB :)

One of our expert members should be along shortly to offer advice.

Inexpert me would start by getting the PC online, so you can download straight to it without having to go thru another machine.

Have you tried Windows Wi-Fi troubleshooting?

Did you get any CDor DVD with the machine? Such would usually have everything you need on it.
I somehow got the wifi working, and no DVD or cd drive or USB along with it, I'm trying to find out how to get the ethernet working again, the lights are working on the plug-in so I believe there is power to it so maybe a drive? I installed what I believed it to be with no luck we will see if I can get it figured out.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hello, I bought the Skytech Gaming - Prism II Gaming PC R7 5800X - 16G Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 1TB Gen4 SSD - 360mm AIO - White
Off of BestBuy and I messed up and reset the whole pc a while back including resetting the operating system so all of the preset programs and drivers you guys installed got removed also. Is there any way you can send me a list of everything 5hat is installed when you send the pc out? I've tried contacting the geek squad support with no help because I live 3 hours away from any bestbuy because I'm in a very rural area and cannot drive because of my crazy work schedule. I'm trying to avoid sending it in and I can just download all the drivers and programs myself if I know which ones they are, I have a seperate pc with internet connection so I can download the internet driver to it so I can start downloading the ones I need when I get a list. Please help, thank you.

My pc link... my motherboard is the Asrock x570s pg riptide if that helps...
I don't know what kind of stuff Best Buy installs on their PC's, but you're almost certainly better off without it.

You can probably just go to Device Manager and have Windows look for drivers online now that you have your wifi going. If you are unfamiliar with using Device Manager and need help, let me know.

If this doesn't work for some reason, what you probably need to do is go here: https://skytechgaming.com/ and either look for the drivers for your model of PC (if they have them on their site) or use their support system and they will be able to send you links to the drivers you need. These are the people who built your PC. They offer support on their site, and they should know exactly what driver you need for each component.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022
Visit site
I don't know what kind of stuff Best Buy installs on their PC's, but you're almost certainly better off without it.

What you probably need to do is go here: https://skytechgaming.com/ and either look for the drivers for your model of PC (if they have them on their site) or use their support system and they will be able to send you links to the drivers you need. These are the people who built your PC. They offer support on their site, and they should know exactly what driver you need for each component.
Yea I contacted them but it's the holiday weekend, just hoping to get the internet up before then, I'll wait for the reply. Thanks though.

Yea I contacted them but it's the holiday weekend, just hoping to get the internet up before then, I'll wait for the reply. Thanks though.

I edited my answer above while you were typing. Didn't you say you had your wifi up? Have you tried to have Windows search for your drivers by going into your Device Manager?

Also, if you know the exact part you have, the people who manufactured it probably have the drivers on their websites.

TRENDING THREADS