Question Looking for a new keyboard(mech) and need some help with choice

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
this is going to be a bit of a long post so thank you guys for the help.
i am looking for a new keyboard a mid-high end one.
the problem is that in my country some keyboards cost a lot more then the rest of the world so i cant really tell u my budget(for example the blackwidow v3 and k70mk2 cost the same but in my country the k70 cost 30$ more) so i prefer to tell u guys what i want in my keyboard and just help me chose from my options.
i like a tactile swtich, so far i have being using mx blue/brown (brown is my fav) so i am looking for a swtich type like mx brown, i have some experience with razer switches i like them too, i will use the keyboard mostly for gaming but i still use it for typing some times.
so here is a list for a stuff that is a must in the keyboard i am looking for:
1. full size keyboard(i dont like tkl or 60%)
2. tactile swtich(like mx browns, razer orange, greens)
3. good wrist rest
4. (this is not a must but i prefer having it in my keyboard) dedicated media control.
5.RGB i love to play with my profiles rgb and making custom looks for other games.
now i will list here a list of keyboard in my price range with what i like about them and my concerns and i would love to hear feedback/ you'r opinion on that keyboards or if u have any other keyboard suggestions.
my keyboard ideas:
1. razer blackwidow v3(non pro) i like it because it has everything on my list but my problem with it is: the wrist rest just sits there and not really attach to the keyboard so thats a bit annoying and i dont know about the build quality, i heard a long time ago that razer build quality is not that good compared to others.
2. roccat vulcan 121 aimo, this keyboard also have everything i want (wristrest+media keys) but my problem with it is that i never used it or felt its switches and i dont know if their software and build quality is good.
3. logitech g513 rgb gx brown, looks great and logitech usually have good quality but this keyboard dont have any media keys and i never felt their switchs.
4. coolermaster mk750, i am not sure about buld quality and software, its looks a bit cheap.
5. corsair k70 rgb mk.2 mx brown, its a bit over price but i love corsair build quality and its software but my only problem with this one is that i hate the wrist rest its the same i have on my strafe(they have been using the same one for years) and its not so comfy and also gets dirty very easly.

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
I think the best ... K100 RGB...🤗
like i said the k70 is a little pricey for me so the k100 is way way over budget

Corsair keyboards are good, It took me several years to replace them due to the defective RGB (2-3 keys) and double clicking (1-2 keys).

You can also try the hot swappable keyboards so that you could easily replace defective keys. Check GMMK Full Keyboard
thx i think i will go for the k70 but i can also get the gmmk full for about the same price(a little bit cheaper) i will just think about it

razer blackwidow v3(non pro) i like it because it has everything on my list but my problem with it is: the wrist rest just sits there and not really attach to the keyboard so thats a bit annoying and i dont know about the build quality, i heard a long time ago that razer build quality is not that good compared to others.

razer make okay hardware, I would avoid them more for their software. Synapse is painful
I had a blackwidow about 6 years or so ago now.

I had a Logitech G910 for a few years, its now my spare keyboard cause its nice to have spares.
I now using a Corsair K70 rgb

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
the new strafe mk.2 is the same as the k70 mk.2 the only difference between them is the switches

Yeah, but the difference between every keyboard is the actuation point and response time when it comes to gaming.

K70 is a way better board since it comes with the new technology of Axon which delivers inputs 8x faster while the strafe keyboard doesn't have this feature. I recommended the Strafe keyboard to you since it's a bit cheaper while still being a good gaming keyboard/wrist rest.

If you're on a budget and wanting a high-end board then I recommend you just save some extra dollars and get the K100 with Optical-Mechanical, this will get you super fast keypress registration while gaming.

TRENDING THREADS