looking for a cyberpunk recommendation that is not rules heavy

Nov 1, 2022
Visit site
Basically the title. Looking for a non rules heavy cyber punk game. The netflix cartoon show got my (computer) gaming buddies into the genre.

Neither of them have played tabletop rpgs before. I dont want to hit them with a 100 page rulebook filled to the brim. Looking for something thats easy to pick up and play both as gm and player. I want them to get into ttrpgs so i dont want to scare them off with too much Reading.

Doesn't necessarily have to be cyberpunk, could be a generic future setting that i can just play in a cyberpunk setting.

I have experience with world of darkness, warhammer fantasy role play and dnd as a gm if that helps the recommendations at all.

Thank you in advance

Zloth

Community Contributor
Neither of them have played tabletop rpgs before. I dont want to hit them with a 100 page rulebook filled to the brim.
My table-top experiences are pretty old, but if you want rules-light, my first thought is Paranoia. The "rulebooks" (at least the versions I played) are mostly about how the world works. Actual rules are pretty scarce - though the GM is encouraged to roll dice behind a screen and look at the results worryingly. ;)

@julisn147 are you returning? You haven't visited since OP, and we don't want generous members wasting their time.

I dont want to hit them with a 100 page rulebook
These should be simple games:

a generic future setting that i can just play in a cyberpunk setting
Looks like Downfall from above article might fit that bill.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS