Is this build good ?

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi , i’m buying a gaming pc and i want to know if this build is good enough for running games now (hugh/ultra) and for some years to come.

CPU Ryzen 7 1700 8 core 16 thread 3.8Ghz Boost GPU GTX1070Ti 8GB EVGA SuperClocked 2 MOBO Gigabyte Gaming AB350N w/ wifi
RAM 16 GB
Corsair Ballistix 2666Mhz DDR4
PSU 500W 80+ White certified EVGA
CASE Corsair Carbide Spec Red
STORAGE Crucial BX series 240GB SSD
Wd blue 1tb HDD

Zoid

Community Contributor
This is a good PC for 1080p gaming, but I just want to check - are you building this or is it a prebuilt machine? And if you don't mind me asking, what price are you looking at for this system?

The reason I ask is because the CPU and GPU are not the newest models, which is fine because they're still good, but I want to make sure the price accurately reflects that.

Reactions: Oussebon
Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
This is a good PC for 1080p gaming, but I just want to check - are you building this or is it a prebuilt machine? And if you don't mind me asking, what price are you looking at for this system?

The reason I ask is because the CPU and GPU are not the newest models, which is fine because they're still good, but I want to make sure the price accurately reflects that.

Im building it , i will get the pieces for approximatively 1100 canadian dollars

Zoid

Community Contributor
Im building it , i will get the pieces for approximatively 1100 canadian dollars
Gotcha. I know PC parts can get very expensive in Canada, and from what I'm seeing you put together a pretty good build for the money. Some questions:
  • What is the model of that EVGA PSU?
  • How much is that RAM? I'm seeing about $130 CAD. If so, I would recommend spending ~$5 more for some DDR4 3000 or 3200 MHz. Ryzen CPUs like fast RAM and the price difference doesn't look too big.
  • Would you be happier if you ditched the HDD and got a larger SSD? Prices for 1TB SATA SSDs have come down quite a bit, and you would experience must faster load time in games.
  • Have you considered a Ryzen 5 3600 instead of the Ryzen 7 1700? Although you'd be giving up 2 cores, you'd be getting a newer CPU with faster per-core performance. In most cases the R5 3600 will perform better in games than the R7 1700.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS