Is there any point?

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
of thinking about making a new PC? Every part seems to be out of stock. Is it about to get worse too? I really wanted an AMD build for the first time but when is there going to be more stock? Any time soon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Litioxx
Might get better availability wise after the COVID vaccine is available to the general public. I would not necessarily trust AMD's 6800 as an alternative to the 3080 though, as I've read many people are having stability issues with it (crashing), like the 5700 had for several months.

It's just not a good time to buy/build right now.

Im im the same boat buddy. My pc has aged but still is very capable, im waiting until COVID is more or less settled aside to build a new one because of the shortages in stock n delays in transportation.

If your pc can still push modern games and not die, id say wait, theres a lot of folks in that boat so you wouldnt be alone.

Reactions: EDGE1971
I'm pretty much ready to rebuild, but I won't do it until I can replace the GPU, and who knows how long that'll be. I'm signed up with EVGA for a 3080 but at this rate I just might wait for the 3080Ti.

Reactions: EDGE1971
Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Atm I'm still running a 970 gtx and an i5 4960k but its freezing on games for seconds at a time and I haven't a clue what it is. I'm not even playing new games it's the old ones they ran perfectly on. I'm sure Nvidia sabotage their drivers. I'm playing Diablo and the game stops on an explosion or some high density for over 5 seconds yet if I play wow on top settings not a problem. It's a weird one. I dont know anything about prime or cpuz and wouldn't know what I'm looking for. CPU and GPU don't look hot so I was thinking maybe my memory is shagged or my mobo is. My conscience is saying bin it and buy a new system but my heart is saying no no try and find the problem. I dont like problems !

Last edited: