Is there a sport you play that doesn't have a video game equevilant

I play a lot of disc golf but there isn't any good disc golf games in the same vein as traditonal golf has with the PGA series.. There's a few mobile apps which are alright, and there are a couple VR games but they don't have the robust physics needed to actually replicate the experience. Is there a sport you play that you'd like to see a faithful game adaptation of?

Last edited:
I'm always disappointed by horse riding in games. Even the best example in any games I'm aware of go something like: point horsey in general direction and press X. Something where you control reins, legs, seat, would be epic. Should be quite possible to do a decent job with analogue controllers. Niche of a niche though

Press X to pat horsey

That sounds especially interesting to me because I know NOTHING about horse riding, except for what I learned in that one episode of Doug.

May 31, 2020
Visit site
That sounds especially interesting to me because I know NOTHING about horse riding, except for what I learned in that one episode of Doug.
It's a bit like riding a motorbike. Except the bike might randomly decide a discarded packet of crisps is the most terrifying thing it's ever seen. Love it though. You have to be slightly bonkers to get into horse riding.

Of sports I used to play:

Hurling—I'm not aware of any game, good or bad, for it. Doesn't seem right for a main contender for world's oldest field game, and world's fastest field sport.

Rugby—still waiting for a version to match what Madden or FIFA do for their sports.

Athletics—there was Summer Athletics 12 years ago which was kinda ok for the time, but nothing since? Should be lots of potential in that sphere.

Archery—I didn't 'play' this IRL, but I've got to really like using the bow in games :)
There's a TBA Medieval Archery Simulator on Steam, but nothing else worthwhile as far as I know.

Reactions: zen 10 and XoRn
I've never played it, but there is a sport in Asia called Buzkashi that is kind of like basketball played outdoors on horseback using a dead goat as a ball. It would make for a pretty funny game (the actual game is kind of terrifying as the players often come flying off their horses and slam into the goals).

Reactions: Brian Boru
I've never played it, but there is a sport in Asia called Buzkashi that is kind of like basketball played outdoors on horseback using a dead goat as a ball. It would make for a pretty funny game (the actual game is kind of terrifying as the players often come flying off their horses and slam into the goals).

How the hell do you organize that game? Do you have to kill a goat every time you want to play or do you just have to wait for one to die. Imagine if the game had a loading screen that played like a tamagachi, but with a goat and you couldn't play a match until it died.

How the hell do you organize that game? Do you have to kill a goat every time you want to play or do you just have to wait for one to die. Imagine if the game had a loading screen that played like a tamagachi, but with a goat and you couldn't play a match until it died.

I wondered about that too. I suppose they kill a goat whenever they want to play. Apparently the game dates back to when one village would go on a raiding party to another village to try to steal goats. They seemingly found that entertaining enough to make it an actual sport.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Bowling and no, nothing comes close, not even arcade bowling that you use your hand to spin the ball.
The bowling mini-game in Yakuza 0 and 1 was pretty good, though obviously nothing is going to come close to actually rolling a heavy ball - or getting your thumb a little stuck in the ball, causing it to fly into the air. Which NEVER happened to me, of course.

I had a lot of fun with Wii bowling! Kinda took the fun out once we learned you could do great without so much as getting off the couch. (After mastering sit-bowling, naturally.)

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS