internet cuts off when i power my pc up

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
not Everytime but sometimes whenever I power up my pc the internet cuts off it's not that the router electricity cut off nah it's just the internet

Apr 7, 2022
Visit site
Maybe your pc consumes too much power. Try to wait when you boot your pc up to see if it helps. Or maybe it is the supplier or the age of the router that is causing the problem.

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Maybe your pc consumes too much power. Try to wait when you boot your pc up to see if it helps. Or maybe it is the supplier or the age of the router that is causing the problem.
wait when I boot my PC? what do u mean?
i boot up my PC I press on the button and then after couple seconds the internet cuts off and 2mins and comeback again
idk tbh

I don't have to reboot my router
@Why_Me probably meant there may be something 'stuck' in your router software. A reboot is standard first troubleshooting step with any software or hardware problem, quite often all that's needed to 'unstick' whatever was 'stuck'.

wait when you boot your pc
I'm confused by that too.

Should he wait near the router, or near the PC, or leave the room altogether?

Reactions: Why_Me

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
@Why_Me probably meant there may be something 'stuck' in your router software. A reboot is standard first troubleshooting step with any software or hardware problem, quite often all that's needed to 'unstick' whatever was 'stuck'.

I'm confused by that too.

Should he wait near the router, or near the PC, or leave the room altogether?
yea ofc I tried to reboot my router
but idk what else to do to solve this issue

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
guys i think it's because the pc and the router are on the same circuit they are on the same wall but different side
so whenever I turn on my PC it consumes a lot of electricity at first so it makes the router electricity drop for couple seconds
I think I have to move the router to another circuit

Reactions: Brian Boru
Have you checked your filters , the ones you plug your phone wire and internet wire into , you should have one on every phone line socket and shy if you have it. If you have a spare one swap them round , if you dont have a spare one remove them all and replace them one at a time. A faulty filty can cause problems with both internet and phones

Forget the fact your internet is going down .... if you have problems with only 2 items on your wall outlet you need to get it checked

Socket & See SOK22 Craftsman Socket Tester : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

you dont need to get a wall socket tester as expensive as this as their are cheaper ones around , i used one all the time at work , the combination of the light pattern will tell you your problem

DONT attempt repairs yourself get a qualified electrician

Last edited:

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Have you checked your filters , the ones you plug your phone wire and internet wire into , you should have one on every phone line socket and shy if you have it. If you have a spare one swap them round , if you dont have a spare one remove them all and replace them one at a time. A faulty filty can cause problems with both internet and phones

Forget the fact your internet is going down .... if you have problems with only 2 items on your wall outlet you need to get it checked

Socket & See SOK22 Craftsman Socket Tester : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

you dont need to get a wall socket tester as expensive as this as their are cheaper ones around , i used one all the time at work , the combination of the light pattern will tell you your problem

DONT attempt repairs yourself get a qualified electrician
it's either the ethernet cable or the ethernet port on the router cuz I turned my PC twice without the cable connected to it and nothing happens and twice with the cable connected and internet gets cut off so it's cable or the port on the router

check your pc's settings to see how it is set to connect to the internet , i use ethernet but when i got my latest pc the builders had set the pc to connect by wi-fi so it was trying to use both methods at the same time and it caused me a few problems until i discovered what they had done.

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
check your pc's settings to see how it is set to connect to the internet , i use ethernet but when i got my latest pc the builders had set the pc to connect by wi-fi so it was trying to use both methods at the same time and it caused me a few problems until i discovered what they had done.
my motherboard doesn't have wifi and it's been two days now since I connected the ethernet cable on a different port on the router and internet is fine nothing is cutting off thank god so yea will see

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
alright guys so
1- i changed the ethernet cable
2- changed the router
3- and tried to power up my pc with and without the ethernet cable and the internet cuts off whenever the ethernet is connected to my pc
i did all that and same thing for some reason idk why
if someone can help lmk please thanks :D

Can we elaborate what we mean by internet cuts off? Do we literally mean no internet for the whole household sort of thing? So when you power up your pc, the internet cuts out and all the devices using the wifi loses connection as well?

A thought occurs, is it possible that perhaps its trying to establish an internet connection? Maybe DHCP settings as it tries to get another IP from the router? Its not likely as there is a sort of TTL for dynamically assigned ips. You might want to try static IP addresses for the PC and see if that helps.

Secondly, no other device causes the problem but the PC? has the problem started recently or has it been like this since you had the pc from day one? Any idea if AV might be causing the issue?

tried to power up my pc with and without the ethernet cable and the internet cuts off whenever the ethernet is connected to my pc

What happens when you turn them both on separately and plug the ethernet cable in once both are on? Does the internet drop out afterwards?

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Some questions:
At what part of the boot does your router stop to function?
Does it happen if your ethernet cable is not plugged in to your computer?
so the DSL led turns off and then the internet one
and no it doesnt happen if the ethernet isnt connected
but it happens when other devices gets turned off like the deepfreezer

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Can we elaborate what we mean by internet cuts off? Do we literally mean no internet for the whole household sort of thing? So when you power up your pc, the internet cuts out and all the devices using the wifi loses connection as well?

A thought occurs, is it possible that perhaps its trying to establish an internet connection? Maybe DHCP settings as it tries to get another IP from the router? Its not likely as there is a sort of TTL for dynamically assigned ips. You might want to try static IP addresses for the PC and see if that helps.

Secondly, no other device causes the problem but the PC? has the problem started recently or has it been like this since you had the pc from day one? Any idea if AV might be causing the issue?

What happens when you turn them both on separately and plug the ethernet cable in once both are on? Does the internet drop out afterwards?
yes internet cuts off for the whole house not only pc

i dont know what statics ip addresses are and how to get them

yes i think other devices cause the issues like the deepfreezer sometimes the internet cuts by itself anyway lol
and no if they are both on and i connect the ethernet cable nothing happens to the internet doesnt cut off

TRENDING THREADS