I'm new and I don't know what RAM card I should get for my PC?

Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
My PC is sucking very badly, thought it was some virus, but it's clean. I opened the task manager the CPU usage is nearly 100%, while the RAM usage is maxed out, so I'm guessing the problem with my PC is that it need more that 8GB RAM.

Anyway I have absolutely negative idea what, and even if it matters, what kind of RAM card I should get.
I downloaded CPU-Z, and this is the info on my RAM card:
Max Bandwith: DDR4-2400 (1200MHz), Module Manuf.: Wilk Electronik, Part Number: IRG2400D464L15S/8G, Module Size: 8GB, SPD Ext.: XMP 2.0, Week/Year: 29 / 18, Ranks: Single.
To be honest I have no idea what any of this means, but I found this one in Amazon, is it good or would it be incompatible with my PC?
https://www.amazon.it/Crucial-CT16G...583a69e3bd9ad17bb14744956bf&gad_source=1&th=1

CPU-Z says my Mainboard is: Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-can't read the rest), CPU is: Intel Core i7 8700K while Graphic Card is: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, not sure if this is important, but I wrote it just in case.
Thanks for the help in advance.

P.S. Also can you send me an easy video to understand on how to actually insert the RAM card into the PC?

8gb is a little low these days. I would suggest getting a 16gb set instead of just buying one more stick. You can get errors running sticks that aren't sold as sets. Its better to just replace what you have.

one way to find out what ram works is to look on the motherboard compatibility listing and see what they checked

You could run this and see what it suggests

its odd, the corsair ram finder doesn't seem to have the Z370 at all.

P.S. Also can you send me an easy video to understand on how to actually insert the RAM card into the PC?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
By 16GB set, do you mean two of 16GB, or two of 8GB? in case can I just buy one of 16GB and remove the one I already have in case it does give errors?
Anyway I did the Crucial thing, the system scanner didn't work, but the other one where I select myself the PC I have did work and it gave me the exact same RAM I found on Amazon, so I guess I'm buying this one and in case it doesn't work I suppose I'll try getting a refund.
Also thanks for the help and the video!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts