Question im looking for a new monitor

May 12, 2020
Visit site
so I'm looking to get a new monitor to use as my primary in the near future (1-2 months), am looking to find a monitor either 27" or above. I'm just looking for the best in my price range which is $1500 AUD am willing to go a little higher if its a huge jump in performance.

just a little more info, I primarily use my PC for fps games like siege and cod but I do playthings such as league also here are my PC specs.

CPU: Intel I9 9900k
GPU: RTX 2080 super
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master Motherboard
if you need anything else just ask.

Do you play with competitive graphics settings and are looking to get every last drop of potential extra performance advantage over other players, or is the upgrade more about image quality and just generally enhancing the gaming experience (while also aiming for smooth and responsive gaming ofc)?

And what's your current monitor (make and model or at least resolution and refresh rate?

May 12, 2020
Visit site
I like to set every setting at max with some exceptions such as motion blur, its more about getting an amazing picture to help point out the smaller details without compromising on the smoothness.
my monitor is a 25" SHG50 Full HD Gaming Monitor
144 Hz 1ms response time

Cool :) The two main categories in your price range would be 1440p 144hz and 1440p ultrawide, usually 100/120hz. And you'll want it to have adaptive sync (freesync or Gsync compatible), which most options do have.

You'll probably also be going for a VA or IPS panel.

For 1440p Ultrawide, check out:
MSI Optix MAG341CQ - Tom's Hardware review
or Asus TUF Gaming VG35VQ - not sure if there's a review but it may be a refresh of the XG35VQ with token HDR support? XG35VQ review here pcmonitors.info review)

There are some IPS models but they start getting very expensive very fast and VA is probably a lot more common for this class of monitor too.

As for 1440p:

I'm not sure what's in the stores in Australia at the moment as everywhere is having supply issues for PC monitors right now. PC partpicker doesn't list many options, but there are stores in the UK it doesn't list so there may be stores near you it doesn't list either.

As for what it says is in stock, standouts include:

LG 32GK650F-B (32" VA)
MSI Optix MAG322CQRV (32" VA)

LG 27GL850-B (27" IPS) - generally viewed as one of the best gaming monitors on the market right now, gsync compatible.

The 1440p 144hz gsync compatible Gigabyte Aorus ones are worth a look (AD27QD, FI27Q, etc). They apparently have a zero bright pixel policy, which is very attractive.

If going 1440p 144hz, the LG would be my pick, and the price seems fairly decent.

Reactions: Frindis

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
As for the MAG322CQRV, I have it and I'm very happy with it.

I'm not a monitor nerd, so I have no clue about if the colors are good or not. It does have software for color adjustment, generally it works well, but sometimes it has issues with it's AI night vision (like this forum in dark mode keeps flasing), it can correct dark colors to a lighter mode wrong. Movies have that issues too.

Generally it's very cool though. It's like RTX for dark colors without any impact on your GPU. The software adjusts dark areas to a more suitable grey / dark when it feels like it's displayed wrong.

Reactions: Oussebon
A lot of monitors are actually built on the same panel.

e.g. that Asus, the AOC AG322QCX, and the Samsung C32HG70 all use the same panel (Samsung LSM315DP01). MSI keep the panels they use close to their chest (or try to) but they use Samsung SVAs so some of their 32" monitors probably have the Samsung LSM315DP01 too, potentially including the MAG322CQRV.

So while there are some differences between them, in many cases you're buying more or less the same product.

Sometimes for an inflated price, depending on brand...

MSI's Optix monitors tend to offer good bang for buck.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

TRENDING THREADS