im cheap... but i want to upgrade? 9600k/1070ti

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
with 13th gen dropping and used/new gpus actually attainable at "resonable" prices im considering some changes..

Pretty much the only game im playing right now is Escape from Tarkov...in 1080p.. i just want to get better performance, or maybe even make the move to 1440 depending on your opinions

Currently, on high/ultra settings i get 70-144 fps depending on the map (optimization isnt amazing lol) in 1080p

but i want to get better frames/less stutters, or maybe even get into 1440p

Current hardware;
----------------------------
9600k overclocked
1070ti overclocked
32gb ddr4 3200 ram
msi 370 pro mobo
----------------------------

So basically im not sure whether i should upgrade gpu or cpu...

would the 9600k be enough cpu for a 3070ti or something?

would the 13600k increase my frames enough with the 1070ti that that would be a better move and just stick to 1080p?

I know going 13th gen will probably cost me about 500$, and gpu atleast the same because i need to upgrade my psu aswell.... so whats your thoughts on this dilemma boys? i get its all "older" hardware, but these are my options rn

Nov 5, 2022
Visit site
so is that the general consensus? to upgrade cpu?

I usually play with an overlay up, and i dont think i can ever recall like 100% cpu usage (usually like 60-80% load at most)

but i know im typically like 98% usage on gpu

Its threads like this lead me to that conclusion, but I have no personal experience in Tarkov and YMMV

Stutters are usually down to 0.1% frame rates, which is improved more by a faster CPU. New GPU could even exacerbate stutter by making the top end frame rate higher so that swings to 0.1% lows are much wider.

This is just general knowledge and not specific to Tarkov, but you asked for thoughts and thats what I have :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS