Question ibuypower slate 4 mr case ?

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone! I bought my son a ibuypower slate 4 mr case gaming pc for Christmas. We are new to the pc gaming world so plz bare with me here . We are having trouble setting up the the pc .first It was getting stuck with the reboot and select proper boot device , saw a YouTube video where it said to unplug the power cable and remove the cmos battery ...I did that, and now after it’s stuck in another page saying UEFI defaults have been loaded
Press F2 or del to run setup
Press F1 to continue .
nothing happens when I press the f2 or f1 buttons. Anyone had this problem? I hope it’s nothing too serious? Thanks in advance.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Is the keyboard plugged in? I don't know what kind of keyboard you have but there's normally little lights for the CAPS LOCK and such that should turn on and off as you click those buttons. Some keyboards have an "F Lock" key, too, that you need to push to make the F keys do their actual function instead of some other one.

You removed the battery AND put it back in, right?

It could be that the drive that has the operating system got bumped around a bit in transit and isn't fully plugged in. If you aren't experienced with this kind of thing, you might want to call up iBuyPower and ask for help. I'm afraid with Christmas there's likely to be a long wait on the phone.

Dec 26, 2020
Visit site
Is the keyboard plugged in? I don't know what kind of keyboard you have but there's normally little lights for the CAPS LOCK and such that should turn on and off as you click those buttons. Some keyboards have an "F Lock" key, too, that you need to push to make the F keys do their actual function instead of some other one.

You removed the battery AND put it back in, right?

It could be that the drive that has the operating system got bumped around a bit in transit and isn't fully plugged in. If you aren't experienced with this kind of thing, you might want to call up iBuyPower and ask for help. I'm afraid with Christmas there's likely to be a long wait on the phone.
Thanks for the reply . Yes I removed the battery and put it back in . And now I’m getting the reboot and select proper boot device again . Might have to call ibuypower customer service.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Not always these days! You can have the good old hard drives that have been around for decades but its more common now to get Solid State Drives (SSDs) that are just small boxes with no moving parts. Some even have M.2 style drives, which look more like a stick of memory except attached at the skinny end instead of the long one.

If the function key thing worked, you should be able to see the drive you have listed somewhere in the setup screens.

TRENDING THREADS