Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
Hello, im new in this, i got a i5-10400 with a B560M-A PRO motherboard, and i cant play videogames with this, what should i change or buy to upgrade this pc?

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
How much memory, and what video card? What games are you trying to play. The CPU and board should be fine for most things.
Hi, its 8 gb and i dont have a videocard yet, i dont know which is the best one for my pc, i prove it in games like wz, ft and rdr2 , but they werent good when i tried to play

You need a GPU (Video card) to play games, the one on the CPU you are using right now isn't really designed to play games. It can but not well. As you found.

what is best sort of depends on how much you willing to pay. And where you are from.

Probably an Nvidia 30 series or AMD 6000 series GPU is what you after.

Hello, im new in this, i got a i5-10400 with a B560M-A PRO motherboard, and i cant play videogames with this, what should i change or buy to upgrade this pc?

Can you please list your full specs from the PC you are using? I see you said you have 8gb of ram, your going to want to increase that to at least 16gb using DDR4 memory (DDR5 is not compatible with your motherboard, but its ok DDR4 is still fast!)

You will absolutely need to get a GPU to play those games, especially RDR2 if you are looking for stable framerates. You dont need the latest GPU's out there to play games, but the market for cards is pretty slim right now and your best bet, if you dont mind replacing everything youre using, is getting a pre-built system with a graphics card in it.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
You need a GPU (Video card) to play games, the one on the CPU you are using right now isn't really designed to play games. It can but not well. As you found.

what is best sort of depends on how much you willing to pay. And where you are from.

Probably an Nvidia 30 series or AMD 6000 series GPU is what you after.
thank you so much, im saving money for the graphics, i hope i can find a good offer

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
Can you please list your full specs from the PC you are using? I see you said you have 8gb of ram, your going to want to increase that to at least 16gb using DDR4 memory (DDR5 is not compatible with your motherboard, but its ok DDR4 is still fast!)

You will absolutely need to get a GPU to play those games, especially RDR2 if you are looking for stable framerates. You dont need the latest GPU's out there to play games, but the market for cards is pretty slim right now and your best bet, if you dont mind replacing everything youre using, is getting a pre-built system with a graphics card in it.
Of course, its a MSI b560m a pro motherboard, a Spectrix d60g 8 gb ram, Freezer 34 eSports cooler, the i5-10400 and i only need the graphics, you recommend me the Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge 12GB? thank you for the help

When you're asked to post specs for your build, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

^ Each part on that list is critical to achieving an objective when gaming. Have a badly built PSU, that's going to lead to a glitchy system and possibly one or more damaged component.

May 21, 2020
Visit site
Absolutely you'd be doing much better with a dedicated graphics card to make those games playable... 16GB is much better than 8GB, also, as it reduces the time your system has to spend swapping data back and forth - Even a decent NVMe SSD is still a lot slower than your RAM. Graphics cards are very hard to get hold of atm, so you may find you either have a long wait, a horrendously inflated price, or it may be worth considering 'settling for' a 2070 or similar - I'm doing ok atm with a Ryzen 5 3600XT and a 5600XT. But absolutely a priority is a dedicated 3d Card.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
When you're asked to post specs for your build, you're advised to list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

^ Each part on that list is critical to achieving an objective when gaming. Have a badly built PSU, that's going to lead to a glitchy system and possibly one or more damaged component.
Sorry for the late, my specs here
CPU: i5-10400
Motherboard: MSI B560M-A PRO
Ram: SPECTRIX D60G 8GB
SSD/HDD: SPECTRIX S40G 512GB
GPU: N/A
PSU: EVGA 600 BR
Chassis: Caribe Series SPEC-06
Monitor: SAMSUNG MONITOR 24 FHD

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
Absolutely you'd be doing much better with a dedicated graphics card to make those games playable... 16GB is much better than 8GB, also, as it reduces the time your system has to spend swapping data back and forth - Even a decent NVMe SSD is still a lot slower than your RAM. Graphics cards are very hard to get hold of atm, so you may find you either have a long wait, a horrendously inflated price, or it may be worth considering 'settling for' a 2070 or similar - I'm doing ok atm with a Ryzen 5 3600XT and a 5600XT. But absolutely a priority is a dedicated 3d Card.
thank you, so you think i should change my i5-10400 for a btter one or you think i should save my money for a good gpu? i saw the 5600xt you mentioned its not expensive, so i should reconsider changing my cpu for the one you have?

Personally I don't like that case due to the airflow, I do however like the internal layout of the case...just that the airflow is bad in that case. Also, with an RTX3060/3060Ti you should a reliably built higher wattage unit. Speaking of unit, how old is the PSU in your build?

As for the ram, mind sharing a link to the stick of ram you have at the moment?

If you are interested in an upgrade to the platform, wait and see what CES 2022 brings to the table. In your current state, I'd look into the GPU's mentioned above and stave off any processor/motherboard/ram upgrades until Intel and AMD have dealt their cards in 2022.

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
Personally I don't like that case due to the airflow, I do however like the internal layout of the case...just that the airflow is bad in that case. Also, with an RTX3060/3060Ti you should a reliably built higher wattage unit. Speaking of unit, how old is the PSU in your build?

As for the ram, mind sharing a link to the stick of ram you have at the moment?

If you are interested in an upgrade to the platform, wait and see what CES 2022 brings to the table. In your current state, I'd look into the GPU's mentioned above and stave off any processor/motherboard/ram upgrades until Intel and AMD have dealt their cards in 2022.
ok, so im going to wait until 2022 to see if the prices decrease, and when i got the chance, i'll got the rtx3060, about the PSU, you mean the time i have with it? i bought it a few weeks ago

Prices won't decrease per se, you're only going to get more things to choose from...hopefully if miners or scalpers don't gobble them up. Hmm, if the PSU is near brand new, can you return it and get something more robust with 650W on it?

ok, so im going to wait until 2022 to see if the prices decrease, and when i got the chance, i'll got the rtx3060, about the PSU, you mean the time i have with it? i bought it a few weeks ago

There is nothing wrong with that chip and gaming. heck most games you can buy today don't even use more than one core let alone 4. I personally only have a couple games that really even use the extra and they are strat games. maybe a few fast paced shooters it would help too, but that chip is more than capable of playing anything you can buy today.

A vid card, the price point is the big thing. How much do you want to spend? There are very few games that have ray tracing which makes those RTX cards IMO a big ol waste of money at this point in time. Even today the 10 series is a great card that will play just about everything on the highest settings if you run at 1080p

Cards are hard to get atm but if you don't wanna wait what could be a year or more something like this could get you through. The newest games are going to need to have some stuff turned down, but with that chip pushing it you could play tons of games and for under 100 dollars it's a way better option than spending 600-1k for a card that should be in the 250-500 range.

If you can find a 5600 amd card for a good price that would be great too.

I'm running a 10700 chip with a 1060 6GB card and I have zero trouble running anything at i play at max settings. I'm not playing the latest high end games aka cyber punk, but i have no doubt the comp would play it with zero issue. Now if you had that card i listed you could play it but you'd have to turn down some stuff.

at anyrate, decide what's best for your wallet, but at this point in time the card i listed is one of the better bargins,, it seams like anything i see in the 300-400 range is way over priced and it only gets worse the higher you go.

at any rate, get the vid card, If your still having issues you could update the ram, but imo ram is over rated most of the time. Especially if you don't have extra programs running. I just upgraded my system from a 3350 + 8 gb ram, the ram was never the issue on any game i played it was the 10 year old chip that gave me issues. For now you can easily get by with 8GB, get a card.

TRENDING THREADS