I want to free up space on my c drive

Jan 29, 2023
Visit site
I need 107gb of c drive space to launch a game but my computer only has 117gb of c drive space available. Can I buy something on amazon to give my computer extra c drive space?

Well then you don't have anything like 117GB available. Windows alone will eat up dozens of GB.

Open File Manager, find the C: drive there, right click on it and select "Properties". Info in there should tell you how much space is free.

You need to add another drive for games, do you have any budget to spend?

• Love
Reactions: Lutfij
It is quite likely that PC will not be able to handle whatever 100+GB game you're throwing at it, even if you somehow find space to put it on.

Note that Lenovo did not slap the "gaming" label on it, which means they don't want easy extra money for that PC. No company willingly does that.

4GB RAM is quite low for modern games, but the main killer is the Integrated graphics—which also wants a piece of your 4GB RAM, thereby leaving even less memory for usual work.

What game do you want to play?

Reactions: COLGeek and Alm
Jan 30, 2023
Visit site
I need 107gb of c drive space to launch a game but my computer only has 117gb of c drive space available. Can I buy something on amazon to give my computer extra c drive space?
Yes, you can buy an external hard drive to increase your C drive space. You can also consider upgrading your internal hard drive to a larger one.

Welcome to the forum :)

buy an external hard drive to increase your C drive space
I don't think Windows would run great off an external drive. Have you tried that, or know of it working?

consider upgrading your internal hard drive to a larger one
Yep, that's the obvious solution—but of course it could be a complete waste of money and effort, given the shortcomings of the overall system explained above.

You need to add another drive for games, do you have any budget to spend?
@jokenskits is being very economical with the info he shares—eg hasn't answered the budget question.

• Haha
Reactions: Lutfij
I don't think Windows would run great off an external drive.
I was going to ask that very question.

As for the process in which the storage can be upgraded, would be best left in the hands of a certified technician or systembuilding shop located near OP. Considering how the OP approached the issue, I'd wager that there's not much OP can do without perhaps ending up with a botched upgrade attempt.

To also add salt to this wound, the AIO is built for a business/workstation'ish work environment, with that being said, the AIO will very likely be limited cooling wise meaning you're going to cripple the system by gaming on it, unless ofc you intend to install games that were about a decade old and they do not include Crysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS