I need Help! New Gaming Laptop

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi Community.

I'm new here, but reading in the forum long time ago.
I need your help. And sorry for my english ;) i hope you're understand me.

I'm looking for a new "Gaming Notebook". Actually, I wanted to buy the following device:

Lenovo Legion 7
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
GPU: RTX 3080
RAM: 32GB RAM (DDR4, 3200MHz)
SSD: 1TB

Now a friend told me, that's the new Intel Core i7-12700h is better than the AMD Ryzen 5800HX. So it's better to buy a Notebook with Intel Core i7-12700h and a RTX 3070 Ti than the above model. He suggested the following Notebook to me:

MSI Katana GF76
CPU: Intel i7-12700H
GPU: RTX 3070-Ti
RAM: 16GB RAM (DDR5, 5200 MHz)

or:

Medion Erazer Beast X30
CPU: Intel i7-12700H
GPU: RTX 3070-Ti
RAM: 32GB RAM (DDR5, 5200MHz)

I really have my doubts - but what is your opinion? Which notebook is better for gaming? Or do you have a completely different recommendation? Also the Speed between DDR4 and DDR5 is amazing - but really brings it?

The Budget for the new Notebook: 2500$
Many thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
i not sure I would buy Medion, they are the inhouse brand of Aldi and buying from a supermarket just feels wrong.

I don't know laptops well enough to advise on which to buy. Just what not to :)

Yes, that's true with Aldi.
the specs are very nice - the pricing also. But yes, Aldi.. say

hmm, thanks for the reply anyway

I dunno. In my thrill-seeking youth, I bought food there once—yum yum.
You are taking risks there.

Buying a PC/Laptop from a supermarket just seems wrong to me.

Having said that, Lenovo actually owns Medion so it could be the only place you can buy them -

Medion products in Australia[4] and the United States are available exclusively at Aldi[5] and Super Billing Computers, with some products (such as DVD players) branded as Tevion (Aldi's own brand). Some of Medion's formal laptops were sold in North America at Best Buy stores and were sold in Canada at Future Shop as Cicero Computers.[6]

I mainly question it for support reasons. I don't know how that works.

May 24, 2021
Visit site
Now a friend told me, that's the new Intel Core i7-12700h is better than the AMD Ryzen 5800HX

Yeah he is right and is quite big as well

Also the Speed between DDR4 and DDR5 is amazing - but really brings it?

Honestly, the difference is quite big but try looking at a video of the difference to see for yourself

Which notebook is better for gaming?

In my opinion, you shouldn't go for the intel CPU if u have to leave the 3080 aside
So just go for the :

Lenovo Legion 7

Last edited:
Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
Yeah he is right and is quite big as well

Honestly, the difference is quite big but try looking at a video of the difference to see for yourself

In my opinion, you shouldn't go for the intel CPU if u have to leave the 3080 aside
So just go for the :

Wow, thank you for the helpfull post.

I agree with you and so I will order the legion 7 - except you have a better proposal?

… and I‘m from Switzerland