Solved How to fix pink artifact and RTX 2070 not working?

Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
Suddenly my pc has shut downed and when I restarted the pc pink artifacts have appeared all over the screen.

GPU is bought on 15.11.2018. Other components bought date is 27.9.2020.

I tried updating BIOS, reinstalling GPU drivers, connecting GPU to 3 different monitors on all ports, baking GPU for 12 min in the oven at 200 degrees 3 times, and checking if there is any disconnected peace on the GPU...nothing helped. When I start BIOS settings no pink artifacts are showing and it looks normal.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Pictures of artifacts: imgur.com/a/ucMY20y

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming B550 - Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x 8GB DDR4 3000 MHz
HDD: Kingston A2000 500GB NVME
SSD: Toshiba P300 3TB 7200rpm
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070
PSU: Hydro pro 700W
Chassis: NZXT H510

Last edited:
Solution
Yeah, then all things point to a new GPU.

How you get that new GPU is;
a| if you were under warranty period, you RMA it(without tampering with the sticker(s) on the card and certainly without subjecting the PCB under any reflowing since they can pin the blame on you for trying to modify it and is what lead to the damage in the first place).
or
b| you buy a new GPU which isn't going to do your wallet, heart, hair and brain cells any good.

I am yet waiting for my GPU to return from Taiwan after the ticket was issued and the card was sent to them. Today I'm sitting on the second month without the GPU that gave me the pink artifacts. Since I was under warranty, I reached out to the seller and they helped me get a placeholder GPU. My...
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to get into OS GUI, see what GPU-Z shows you. I had the same thing happen to a client's system. At first a BIOS update>DDU>reinstall with latest driver helped then after the same thing happened on the day I returned it(at their office), I noticed on GPU-Z that memory(VRAM) was showing as 0(MB).

If that's the case, then you need to RMA the card.

Reflowing the GPU doesn't do any good...if you found that info from YT, you should stop consuming info like that. Is the sticker on the back of the card intact?

Lastly, please parse the specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Lastly, when in OS GUI, can you see if there's any error code flagged up in Device Manager? I had Error code 43 on my client's system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
If you're able to get into OS GUI, see what GPU-Z shows you. I had the same thing happen to a client's system. At first a BIOS update>DDU>reinstall with latest driver helped then after the same thing happened on the day I returned it(at their office), I noticed on GPU-Z that memory(VRAM) was showing as 0(MB).
I did DDU and id didn't help, Memory size on GPU-Z is 0 MB.

If that's the case, then you need to RMA the card.
The card is over 3 years. I don't think I can return it.

Reflowing the GPU doesn't do any good...if you found that info from YT, you should stop consuming info like that. Is the sticker on the back of the card intact?
I removed the serial sticker on the back, that was my last hope.

Lastly, when in OS GUI, can you see if there's any error code flagged up in Device Manager? I had Error code 43 on my client's system.
I have code 43.

Yeah, then all things point to a new GPU.

How you get that new GPU is;
a| if you were under warranty period, you RMA it(without tampering with the sticker(s) on the card and certainly without subjecting the PCB under any reflowing since they can pin the blame on you for trying to modify it and is what lead to the damage in the first place).
or
b| you buy a new GPU which isn't going to do your wallet, heart, hair and brain cells any good.

I am yet waiting for my GPU to return from Taiwan after the ticket was issued and the card was sent to them. Today I'm sitting on the second month without the GPU that gave me the pink artifacts. Since I was under warranty, I reached out to the seller and they helped me get a placeholder GPU. My client's system is a workstation...so every day of it sitting idle is money bled(not earned).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS