How many computers do you have?

I saw this thread in another forum, and thought it would make an interesting discussion. When I started counting mine up, I was kind of surprised.

If I count only the ones I, personally, have and/or use, I have 1 gaming PC, 1 laptop, 1 productivity desktop, 3 work computers. So I have 6 computers that I regularly use.

If I count my whole family, my wife has 1 personal laptop and 1 work laptop, my oldest son has a gaming PC and a laptop, my youngest son has a gaming PC and a Chromebook. So that's 6 for the rest of my family, which means my family in my household uses a total of 12 different computers. That's crazy, man!

And that doesn't even count a couple we have lying around that aren't set up and being used.

I have just the one, for both work and play. My GF has same, and also a laptop she uses daily for reading ebooks.

There are a few non-working oldies around, which we keep not getting around to returning to the recycling center—iirc 3 desktops & 2 laptops.

I've never had more than one. The time I was moving around for a couple of years, I had just the one Alienware laptop which served as a desktop replacement.

I've never had more than one. The time I was moving around for a couple of years, I had just the one Alienware laptop which served as a desktop replacement.
Well, my setup is probably different than a lot of PC enthusiasts. My gaming PC is dedicated to the living room TV and is only used for gaming and media. So for everything else that isn't work related, I mostly use my laptop.

I have 3 computers
  1. this one I normally use for everything.
  2. my old PC that only needs a new GPU to work fine (Its been off for 2 years)
  3. an old PC in garage I only count as its technically a PC (Its been there for 15 years)
In house?
Only one more really, mum's PC and I only use it if I want to rip a music cd (since current PC doesn't have optical drive)

I have a main desktop for gaming and personal use. I have a work laptop. And I have an old dell office computer I bought off eBay that's gathering dust in a cupboard. Oh and a Raspberry Pi 4.
Oh man. I forgot all about my Raspberry Pi. I have one powering an arcade cabinet with RetroPie. So if I include that, I guess I have 13 computers. I also have an old iMac that I've never even turned on, so I guess that's 14 if I count that. Only 10 of those get regularly used a significant amount, though.

I have 2 (gaming) PC's that were both built on credit with the basis of them being put together in 2014 and 2016 respectively lol. Ive upgraded graphics cards, storage, and psu's but everything else has remained the same.

This will change to 3 however for today i have finally received the last part of my newest build (CPU 12700k) and will have one for me, my wife and my son. Right now my wife and son split a pc.

I have 2 (gaming) PC's that were both built on credit with the basis of them being put together in 2014 and 2016 respectively lol. Ive upgraded graphics cards, storage, and psu's but everything else has remained the same.

This will change to 3 however for today i have finally received the last part of my newest build (CPU 12700k) and will have one for me, my wife and my son. Right now my wife and son split a pc.
That's awesome, man! How old is your son? I have two sons that are 18 and 12. When they both got to a certain age, I got the parts for their own gaming PCs, and we had a project where I taught them to build their own PC. Then later on, I upgraded mine, and the boys got the hand-me-downs. My oldest got my old stuff, and my youngest got my oldest son's stuff. So it was one big 3-PC upgrading project. So each of them have experienced two PC building projects. It was something special I could do with them.

2 desktops, 1 laptop and 1 tablet

Newest desktop has 2080TI but I am a snob when it comes to performance, I want one of the next Nvidia high end cards since 3000 series is ending. Unless I can get one of the 3090 TI for a reasonable price down the road
You guys are killing me! I didn't count tablets. We have 2 of those. So if we're counting tablets, that brings my total up to 16, with 12 being regularly used.

Should we add smart phones in, too? They're technically computers that run apps and games and stuff. If so, that brings my tally up to 20, with 16 being used. :D

TRENDING THREADS