how do you like witcher

May 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

It was just a about 2 months ago that i begun gaming. I LOVED the Half life series and now I am playing FEAR (about to finish the first game which I am loving too). I wanted opinions about the game 'The Witcher' series. How do you guys like it? How much would you rate the game based on gameplay, story on a scale of 1-10. BTW there is a sale on steam on the witcher 1 & 2.

Thanks.

Reactions: McStabStab

Zloth

Community Contributor
I liked the first one quite a bit. It's older technology but it looks good enough to be pretty at times and the music is superb. It does have a nasty difficulty spike at the end of the first village's story - feel free to drop the difficulty down to easy on that one.

I wasn't so pleased with the second one. It did have that awesome feature where what you do takes you to very different places in the middle part of the game and the graphics are much improved. I got burned hard by the difficulty, though. Medium difficulty was fine for most of the game but then it would suddenly become just about impossible. If I put the difficulty down on easy, though, it went from impossible to sleepwalking. The story just didn't grab me as well as W1 or W3, either.

Witcher 3 is, as McStabStab said, a masterpiece. The graphics are great, the music is great, the overall story is great (though it does get a little bit tangled) and many of the side quests are really good. Its two DLC are well done, especially Blood & Wine. There are definitely nods to the previous games, particularly the first game, so you'll have more fun if you've done the previous games but it's not that big of a deal.

Reactions: McStabStab
Mainly Witcher 3 here and I had a total blast playing through it. A good main story, some good side stories, and the game look quite beautiful. Sound and music are top-notch. The story I would rate overall 9/10. The gameplay is a bit hit and misses when it comes to combat. There are some cool creatures to fight (especially the bigger ones) and interesting skills, but often the combat feels quite repetitive. The higher difficulty makes up for this a little. Overall I would rate gameplay 8/10.

As for sales: You can get The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free if you subscribe to the GoG newsletter. Witcher 2 on 85% on GoG. Witcher 3 on 70% on GoG.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
1 was good for it's time. It hasn't aged well though.
2 fairs a bit better, and is very good.
3 is fantastic, and the DLC are also great.
Get ready to spend some time in those games.

May 1, 2020
Visit site
I Liked the second one the most...You had to play it through twice to really get it all...half the campaign was completely different when you had to choose who you were going with...
witcher 3 was ok, got like 60 hours out of it and was enough for me...been thinking of going at it again at some point when i get more free time.

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS