How can I use the WASD keys instead of arrow keys in games that only allow arrow keys?

Jun 3, 2021
Visit site
I'm looking for a way to make the PC register my WASD inputs as though I'm pressing the arrow keys.

I have found programs that let me remap the keys in the keyboard, so I can reassign my WASD keys to the arrow keys but so far of the ones I've found, they all want me to reboot in order for the changes to take effect. They're letter keys and it's a game, I can't reboot every time I need to switch back and forth between using WASD for movement during gameplay and typing text outside of gameplay, that's impractical and inefficient

Jun 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks guys! Nah, no keybinding options, it's a pretty old and obscure game. I'm using a lappy, so it's just the integrated keyboard. I really don't game on PC much and never competitively but I didn't know where else would be appropriate to ask this.

I tried a pc gaming subreddit but they just removed it and told me to look online because it was too general of a question or something. Seems like if it was so general it would have been answered on their subreddit before, but nope.

Autohotkeys did the trick! It was more of an ordeal for me than it probably would have been for the rest of you since I knew nothing about writing or using scripts and the program wasn't what I would call user friendly but I figured it out!

The script I had to write turned out to be super simple and it'd be useful to anyone who wants to use WASD instead of arrow keys so idk why I didn't find it pre-made online right away

Reactions: Pifanjr
Autohotkeys did the trick! … I figured it out
Attaboy! :D

Anyone else curious on the topic, here are a couple of short threads:

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts