YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
so there is a hissing sound from my psu it goes like this "ssssss"
and it gets louder whenever i unplug the ethernet cable
it's not like it's soo loud it's just weird
help please and thanks :"D

Here's the earlier thread:

Ooh, you did that so well, gave me shivers.

gets louder whenever i unplug the ethernet cable
I wonder could it be some rebel wifi spirits trying to escape? Keep the ethernet cable plugged in, just to be on the safe side.

it's just weird
Yeah, probably spirits indeed. Do you know any exorcism practitioners?

Has it always done it? If so possibly coil whine from a capacitor, doesnt mean anything is broken if its always done it. What make and model is the PSU

If it just started out of nowhere I'd be a little more concerned, possibly return the unit in that case.

The ethernet cable is weird, but sometimes electronics do weird stuff so I can believe it.

Check on Youtube for 'coil whine' to see if any of the example sounds there match, I've had graphics cards do it, but sometimes when the components wear in it quietens down.

Reactions: YXP and Brian Boru

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
Has it always done it? If so possibly coil whine from a capacitor, doesnt mean anything is broken if its always done it. What make and model is the PSU

If it just started out of nowhere I'd be a little more concerned, possibly return the unit in that case.

The ethernet cable is weird, but sometimes electronics do weird stuff so I can believe it.

Check on Youtube for 'coil whine' to see if any of the example sounds there match, I've had graphics cards do it, but sometimes when the components wear in it quietens down.
thanks

TRENDING THREADS