hissing sound coming from PSU

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
so i can hear a hissing sound coming from my power supply it's like "sssssss"
note that im paranoid and i can hear normal sounds of electricity or stuff like that and make a big deal out of
so please let me know if it's a normal sound or no

If it has never made that noise it is an indication you are about to have a problem , the same applies to anything in a pc or other electrical items you own .... a new noise is bad news.

I would recommend you change it asap because each cable is designed to deliver a set amount of power and if the supply suddenly lets go you could fry everything

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
If it has never made that noise it is an indication you are about to have a problem , the same applies to anything in a pc or other electrical items you own .... a new noise is bad news.

I would recommend you change it asap because each cable is designed to deliver a set amount of power and if the supply suddenly lets go you could fry everything
apparently my mom and dad cant hear that
so idfk and im not 100% sure it's from the psu

The only other things i can think of that might make a noise and should not are hdd and fans , for hdd check look for your busy light working and see if you can hear the noise , for fans take the side of your pc and turn it on and use it. Do you hear the noise now , if not use a demanding game and see if cooling fans and the fans on the graphics card speed up , if they do can you hear the noise . Dont panic if you see that your graphic cards fans are not working straight away , some dont work until your card gets to a certain temp .... btw what is the temp of the card when using a demanding game. Check your cards temp through task manager/performance

Their are some apps that can do componant checks but i have never used any so i cant really recommend any .

Hope this info helps

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
The only other things i can think of that might make a noise and should not are hdd and fans , for hdd check look for your busy light working and see if you can hear the noise , for fans take the side of your pc and turn it on and use it. Do you hear the noise now , if not use a demanding game and see if cooling fans and the fans on the graphics card speed up , if they do can you hear the noise . Dont panic if you see that your graphic cards fans are not working straight away , some dont work until your card gets to a certain temp .... btw what is the temp of the card when using a demanding game. Check your cards temp through task manager/performance

Their are some apps that can do componant checks but i have never used any so i cant really recommend any .

Hope this info helps
thanks a lot for helping
it's not my hdd i got closer to it and no not coming from it
and i dont understand wym by take side of your pc and turn it on for fans
i can hear the fans sound and not coming from it
about the graphics card nah temps are fine on like 95% usage temps are below 75c
does the psu have like a fan ? cuz that maybe it then if all psus got fans im not rlly sure

i put my phone soo close to the psu and recorded a 10 seconds audio
this is the audio
that loud noise are the fans obv pay attention and u will be able to hear that hissing sound

lmk if that is a normal sound or no
if u stood just 1 meter away from it u wont hear it all it's so low

never heard a noise like that on a pc but to answer your psu question .. yes it does have a fan , hold i tiny bit of paper to the back of your case where the psu is and you should see the paper move a bit

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site
never heard a noise like that on a pc but to answer your psu question .. yes it does have a fan , hold i tiny bit of paper to the back of your case where the psu is and you should see the paper move a bit
if it got a fan then that probably the sound of it it's a steady sound so seems like sumn is working all the time like a fan yk
idfk tbh what is that

YXP

Mar 9, 2022
Visit site

i cable managed the cables behind the pc i got like just 5
and since i did that i cant hear that sound again
so it's probably just a normal thing

TRENDING THREADS