help with AIO Issue

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
What's happening is. When I start my computer, my idle temperature is 35 degrees Celsius. and when I start a game or do CPU-type work. It's ramped up to 80C. Fun fact: there is no sound from AIO. I clean everything like twice. In short, idle temps are good, but they do not bring down high temperatures. Also, I'm using curve optimizer, but the problem persists.

CPU :- 5800X
AIO :- DeepCool LE500 240mm

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
I edited post, 80c and that CPU and a 240mm is normal when its under load. Its a hot CPU.

Only moving parts are likely to the fans... I mean, there is the pump but its not a rattle in my experience. Is noise constant or just under load?
But before at 100% usage it goes to 80c now only in 30% or 40% it's going to 80c or 81c. Before it was 55c or 60c on 30% to 40%

Okay, it could be CPU too much for the AIO to handle. I went from a 240 to a 360 a few months ago as my 240 was starting to make weird noises. I had previously had a 3600xt in PC and AIO was happy with it. But changing CPU to a 5800x3d seemed to make it worse.

You probably need a 360mm AIO.

I can only find one similar for that AIO - https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/cpu-overheat-5-5500/m-p/662629/highlight/true

Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Front is actually better... provided its a mesh fronted case, it lets AIO get fresh air from outside and cools CPU way more than the air coming from inside PC will.

this case?

I have front mounted AIO as I am in Australia, it generally helps down here to get as cool as air as possible into CPU.

Or get an air cooler

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Front is actually better... provided its a mesh fronted case, it lets AIO get fresh air from outside and cools CPU way more than the air coming from inside PC will.

this case?

I have front mounted AIO as I am in Australia, it generally helps down here to get as cool as air as possible into CPU.

Or get an air cooler
Yea that's the case

Hottest I seen my CPU is 90c but that was in Prime95. I didn't run it for long.
It normally maxed out at 80c but that is in cinebench all core test running at 4.5ghz.
Your CPU actually runs faster than mine as it doesn't have the extra layer of cache on it.
So expecting a 240mm to keep up is a bit much.

Game I play now the hottest it gets is about 77c but that is at the loading up of game, during game its about 65c. And that is on hot nights, and with my window closed so the air in room isn't getting any cooler - flying insects visit me at night and bite me if I leave window open. I need to replace the actual windows to fix that... PC was really loud last night as fans were running max. I can't leave my door open at night as the lights will keep other people awake. I can't sit in dark as then can't see keyboard.

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Hottest I seen my CPU is 90c but that was in Prime95. I didn't run it for long.
It normally maxed out at 80c but that is in cinebench all core test running at 4.5ghz.
Your CPU actually runs faster than mine as it doesn't have the extra layer of cache on it.
So expecting a 240mm to keep up is a bit much.

Game I play now the hottest it gets is about 77c but that is at the loading up of game, during game its about 65c. And that is on hot nights, and with my window closed so the air in room isn't getting any cooler - flying insects visit me at night and bite me if I leave window open. I need to replace the actual windows to fix that... PC was really loud last night as fans were running max. I can't leave my door open at night as the lights will keep other people awake. I can't sit in dark as then can't see keyboard.
80c with 360mm or 240mm? Months ago, I was getting 80 °C at Cinebench with 240 mm, but now things are messed up to 90 °C or more at Cinebench. Little tasks like opening chrome, etc. raise the temperature, so Indian summers are so deadly. My city temperature in March was up to 48 °C.

80c with 360mm or 240mm?
I know I got it on the 360, it looks like it was about the same on the 240mm
temps on a 240mm AIO running R23 just after we installed new CPU
SQCYjH1.jpg

I don't have a similar screenshot of current one.
My AIO temps didn't increase, reason I replaced it was a weird noise I was getting and it wasn't always acting right at startup. I wasn't sure if it was the AIO or its software so I just replaced it.

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
I know I got it on the 360, it looks like it was about the same on the 240mm
temps on a 240mm AIO running R23 just after we installed new CPU
SQCYjH1.jpg

I don't have a similar screenshot of current one.
My AIO temps didn't increase, reason I replaced it was a weird noise I was getting and it wasn't always acting right at startup. I wasn't sure if it was the AIO or its software so I just replaced it.
I also think deepcool aio I was using it was bad or something

TRENDING THREADS