Question Help picking gaming PC

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a gaming PC but have no clue what I'm doing. I usually play console games but had the chance to play some games on someone's PC recently and enjoyed it. I’m just a casual gamer but I don’t have the room on my PC to store many things because of my work items.

I also want to get some other games so I decided to get a gaming computer because I can store games and my brother will use it as well.

I have a HP 2-1 Pavilion and will use this for a monitor. Can I just connect any sort gaming computer to it? This is just for casual playing so I’m not looking to buy a monitor specially for gaming.

As you can probably tell by this post this is uncharted territory to me.

If your HP came with a monitor youre more than welcomed to use it, sure. Is it HDMI? Usually any monitor will work with a graphics card so you should be set there. There are a lot of pre-builts out there you can start looking through. I would set a budget on how much you are willing to spend then go from there.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
I'd suggest since you have a price range and a goal, just looking at the standard PC gaming retailers. I honestly don't know who's the best/most affordable since I build my PCs, but generally the dedicated stores won't steer you wrong. I've heard some generally negative stories about buying gaming PCs from major retailers like Walmart though.

Your best bet is to look up some options in different stores within your price range and then ask around to see what the best option is. Your monitor may be fine, of course, but not every monitor has the refresh rate and/or features that could have an impact on your experience. So bear that in mind.

TRENDING THREADS