Question Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
Cod warzone

Hello, I’m having issues with cod warzone, my Pc specs are.

Gigabyte 450m DS3H

Ryzen 5 3600x

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 2666x

Radeon xfx 570 rx 4gb

I am having issues with map not fully loading along with textures I have done some research and try turning off Sunshadow and all that nothing helped I did try to overclock my memory which did help a little so I’m trying to figure out what the best way to go is I have ordered a Corsair vengeance pro 16gb 3200mhz hoping this would fix the issue but I’m also thinking it could be my GPU, just looking for your guys opinion. Thank you

Hi, and welcome :)

Wait and see how much the extra RAM helps. Honestly I'm not a fan of getting people to overclock stuff in these situations, the time investment to get things properly stable is hardly ever worth the small % extra performance you get these days IMO, unless you're overclocking for the fun of it.

You didnt mention your monitors resolution or what settings you are using?

According to Activisions recommendations your GPU is somewhere in between the minimum and recommended (for 60FPS medium settings). It's worth optimizing the in game settings if you didnt already.

PCG did a settings guide here that might have some useful tips for you.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
My monitor is 1920x1080, I have almost all setting low on the game it’s self. I noticed a small difference when I changed the game resolution to 1920x1080, I’m not a computer maniac by any means, I have done a auto over clock on AMD Radeon Software for my GPU also. I have done everything I could think of, I’ve also watched YouTube videos of the Radeon xfx 570 rx 4gb with the Ryzen 3600x and have seen them with no issues so that’s why I’m leaning more towards memory. I get above 100fps but will drop dramatically, on gun fight it runs perfectly fine with over 100fps.

I'm sure theres a typo and you did actually change the resolution somehow :D

Something that should have occured to me before, is the game installed on a SSD or on a traditional hard drive?

I just found a video showing that it seems to run quite badly with 8GB RAM and a HDD vs pretty smooth on an SSD.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2SlibQmtWM

That being the case the extra RAM should definitely help as it won't need to page to a slow hard drive. Anyway let us know whatever the result, it would be good to know for future reference.

Also keep an eye on your GPU and CPU temperatures, especially if youre using any auto overclocking. You can use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor and set a custom fan curve for your graphics card to keep things cooler. You can use the Radeon software but I find it keeps re-setting mine to stock and it starts to get way to hot for my liking until I notice.

Reactions: ALKALLL
How much do you want to pay?

1TB drives have come down in price a lot, but if you are only playing Warzone and no other games then you could save the money and get a 500GB one. As far as a specific model I'd have to look in to what is available for you at the price you want to pay. There are so many options.

If you dont already have your operating system installed on an SSD you should do that. You'd be surprised how much faster it boots and how much snappier everything feels when the OS is on an SSD. Not to mention the faster boot times and loading games.

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
I have seen them around $100. I would like to have a good one so I won’t have to worry about upgrading anytime soon.. I know nothing about SSD bc I’ve never dealt with them so I really appreciate the help and I’ll give you a follow for doing your best to help me lol

No probIem, I do this because it gives me an excuse to read about hardware :) I think 1 TB drives are about the place to be looking right now. It really depends, like I said if you only want to put Warzone on it you might as well just get a drive around 500GB and keep the money in your pocket.

I have a couple of SSD's for games and a 2TB hard drive for all my other files. That's what most people tend to do as hard drives are much cheaper /GB and not all files need to be on an SSD.

This is a good one at a good price:

I have this one myself

For the most part though you can't go wrong just buy the biggest drive your budget allows if you need the space.

People will mostly recommend Samsungs, and they are very good. However you pay for the name, and the performance difference for gaming and normal use between the cheapest drive and the most expensive is not noticeable.

Reactions: Ghifari
Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
Awesome! I think I might go for the one you have but with the 1tb, only $115, what do you think the best cheapest gpu to go with just to run warzone is my main goal at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS