Question Help needed with buying desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Hi!

I am going to buy my first desktop, and I have several questions to ask.
The budget is 1500 - 2000 dollar, and I really want to get the best for my money. I am going to buy it pre-built since I don't know how to build a PC, and I can change parts.

I want it for gaming and editing videos.

Q1) Is it good to buy a desktop near Christmas season or should I wait?

Q2) These are the parts (I have gotten help from the customer service):

NZXT H510 Flow Midi Tower (black)
ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL SI
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU Tray
CM ML240L V2 ARGB
Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB
WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD 1TB
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING (Motherboard)
Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU (2020 edition)

Thanks for helping me, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023
Visit site
Hey,
It can be a good time to buy a desktop near Christmas, as many retailers offer deals and discounts during the holiday season. However, it's also important to keep an eye on inventory levels, as popular items may sell out quickly. Additionally, the release of new hardware in late Q4 can cause the prices of the current components to drop a bit. I would recommend keeping an eye on prices and availability and to decide based on that.
It will take almost a year to buy new one in christmas :p

The parts you've listed look like they would make for a powerful gaming and video editing PC. The NZXT H510 Flow Midi Tower is a sleek and well-built case, the ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL SI is a powerful graphics card that should handle most games on high settings, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X is a fast and capable processor, the CM ML240L V2 ARGB is a high-performance liquid CPU cooler, the Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB is a lot of fast RAM for smooth multitasking, The WD Blue SN570 NVMe SSD 1TB is a fast storage option for boot and software, The ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING is a feature-packed motherboard, and the Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU (2020 edition) is a high-quality power supply that can handle most demanding PCs, All the components are well matched and would be more than enough to handle gaming and video editing.
Overall the system is looking great, and you should be able to enjoy smooth performance in both your gaming and video editing tasks, you got a great selection of parts.

[Mod edit: info not requested removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for the help. If you would recommend a monitor for different budgets which ones would you choose?

[Mod edit: quote with link removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas is over, so locking this thread.
Tip: be careful about following advice from unproven sources.

recommend a monitor for different budgets

• Love
Reactions: Lutfij
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS