Help needed for compatibility between Minecraft versions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
Help!
My 12 year old is trying to play multiplayer Minecraft with her two friends, but it isn’t working.
She is on Minecraft PE (iPhone and previously on iPad mini which is now running too slow to play on).
Her friends are using Java for PC.
I understand that these two versions are incompatible.

So, can she transfer her worlds, skin etc to a Java for Mac desktop version, rather than continuing to play on her iPhone, if I download it on our iMac? (We don’t have a PC)

If so, would she then be able to play Java version for Mac in multiplayer mode with her Java PC friends?

Thank you and apologies if I haven’t made myself 100% clear - I am very new to all of this, as a very middle aged mum 😁

I don't have any experience with this, but I Googled around for a bit.

According to the Minecraft wiki, the skins for Java are the same format as those for the pocket edition, meaning she would be able to get the same skins.

From the research I've done, it might be possible to transfer worlds using a program called MCEdit, but it's not an easy process and some parts of the world might get misplaced or changed in the process, as the java version and pocket version are not completely the same.

As far as I know, you will also have to pay for the Java version again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS