Art Help me complete my Desktop!

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Alright guys and gals, I’ve spent some coin over the past few months on my desktop setup but am unsure what to add next. I’ve watched some videos from TechSource, RandomFrankP, etc. so I have a general idea of how to spice things up but I’m having a mental block for some reason. Here is a pic of my setup as is...

AxY5CIf.jpg

z0Dyxca.jpg

What should I add? What I’m not into is RGB strips. It wouldn’t look good on my desk but everything else I’m game for. I’ve looked on Amazon for stuff but again, mental block. Price doesn’t matter as I will carefully consider what you recommend and decide in the future what to get to make my setup feel more complete. I live in the United States and do not do international shipping.

Here is a list of what I own on my desktop:
  • Razer keyboard, mouse and headset
  • ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS
  • TrackIR Pro 5
  • Xbox 360 wired controller
  • Air freshener (on the left side)
  • Removable storage (next to air freshener)
  • Displate posters
Here is a list on what I'm interested in:
  • Dragon Ball
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Aviation
  • Racing
  • Razer Products
  • Aorus Products
  • AMD Products

Reactions: SWard
Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey, nice set up! I'm sure I might be beating some people to the punch here but cable management goes a long way. It's like the big red bow on top of any brand new battlestation.

My recs:
Find some cable covers and clean up the cables behind the PC.
Get a couple of strong strips of 3M tape and tape your power strip under your desk and clean up any hanging cables.
Monitor Arms with built-in cable management.

If you have more money to burn, perhaps some Nanoleaf lights in the space between framed artwork? It's cliche but it always looks sick.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
My recs:
Find some cable covers and clean up the cables behind the PC.
Get a couple of strong strips of 3M tape and tape your power strip under your desk and clean up any hanging cables.
Monitor Arms with built-in cable management.

If you have more money to burn, perhaps some Nanoleaf lights in the space between framed artwork? It's cliche but it always looks sick.
You might want a chair, so here is my recommendation😁I got the blue version myself. To be honest I think it looks good as it is now, with the exceptions of the cables, as @darkroast pointed out.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen!

I'm not sure I can hide the cables coming out of my PC, glass everywhere. I could tidy up the cables coming from my keyboard and HOTAS though. As for the Nanoleaf, its too expensive. I already looked at getting that a couple days ago. I might buy a cheap knock off though.

A chair? Why I already have a Noble Chairs Hero. Love it!😁

Reactions: Frindis
As a borderline tidies freak, I approve of the setup :D

-The most obvious 'next-level' step to consider, if you'd not already done so, would be phillips Hue in terms of ambient lighting. Which includes lamps, not just RGB strips. I'm not very familiar with it, but you can customise the lighting to the Nth degree, get it to react to games, movies, music, that sort of thing.

- The cables on the floor, perhaps find a way to affix your 6-gang adapter to the underside of the desk. They often have holes in the back to allow them to be wall-mounted - could make use of those. You could then tidy the cables out of sight by having cable management on the underside of the desk.

- As for the cables coming out of the PC, you could get a sleeve. This kind of thing:
https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Management-Organizer-Protector-Adjustable/dp/B01MR6QQLR/

- I'd also be looking for options to manage whatever's in the cardboard box better.

- A headphone stand? Or does your monitor have one built in? If not, you can get all kinds, sleek, minimalist aluminium ones, RGB tat etc

- I'd consider some ambient lighting, especially for elder scrolls / skyrim. Soft, warm lighting from salt crystal lamps, or appropriate fairy lights. Or Hue as above.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
- I'd also be looking for options to manage whatever's in the cardboard box better.

- A headphone stand? Or does your monitor have one built in? If not, you can get all kinds, sleek, minimalist aluminium ones, RGB tat etc

- I'd consider some ambient lighting, especially for elder scrolls / skyrim. Soft, warm lighting from salt crystal lamps, or appropriate fairy lights. Or Hue as above.

Good tips! I was looking at the Phillips Hue. Not too pricey and it does look nice. I'll browse some headphone stands as well. The cardboard box under the desk is my PC parts box. I just like to keep the boxes until I build a new rig which is like once every 5 years or so.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
So I have been spending the past day or two deciding what to buy to complete my desktop and have come to a reasonable conclusion. I do like my setup as is right now but I would like more bling without completely breaking the bank. Here's what I've come up with.

Razer Nommo Chroma 2.0 Speakers
The Anchor Pro headset hanger
Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

I think the Razer Chroma speakers will add a nice zing to my tabletop and switching to a wireless Xbox controller has been something I've been wanting to do for over a year now, just haven't built up the nerve to spend $80+ on a decent controller.

I would have gone with a monitor arm too but there is a metal brace surrounding the edges of my desk making it a challenge to mount an arm without butchering my tabletop.

I'll post pics of my setup once I have everything. Can't wait! 😎

Reactions: Frindis
Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
If you really feel like it you always can pick up an RGB mousepad. Also maybe a headset stand? Helps with tiding things up maybe.

Razer mousepad
Razer headset stand

Thank you for your input, @Inspireless Llama . I did look at the Razer USB Headset stand but its a ripoff. I already have a great mousepad so no need there. I did buy a headset hanger. It's a popular pick. I got the beefier one of the models, just in case.

Reactions: Inspireless Llama
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Reactions: SWard
Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your input @DreamRoach. I did already buy the Razer Chroma speakers, the headset hanger and I'm waiting on shelves to stock for the Xbox Elite 2 controller.

With the addition of speakers on my desk it doesn't leave much room for anything else. But again, thanks for your input. I did look at your links 😉

Now if only Amazon could ship my packages in a timely manner... 🤣

Edit: Xbox Elite Series 2 controller ordered!!!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Well here's my setup! I'm satisfied at the moment. Just a few things to update the setup. Couldn't think of anything else. Anyways here is a short video on my YouTube channel. Feel free to watch, follow and subscribe!😃

Reactions: Inspireless Llama

Inspireless Llama

Community Contributor
About the Noble Chairs firm seat, I have a Noble Chairs Epic, and even though my ass felt like it was made out of wood for a while, now I really enjoy sitting it. I occasionally still remove the back cussion to have a more comfortable seat, but I feel like in terms of how you're forced to sit it's better for you.

The best sitting position is not always the most comfortable one :)

TRENDING THREADS