Question Help building new Gaming/General around $3000k (australia)

Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
Hey all,

I have finally decided to upgrade my old gaming/general use pc next week.
Just after opinions and ideas for building something decent under $4k.

I am not going to upgrade the GPU and monitoring for the time being and will wait a few months until prices drop. (I hope, currently running 1060 3GB)

I will go for AMD this time around, with an all-white look and no RGB.

This is what I am aiming to go with so far. Already have the power supply. (Corsair RM850x)

Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow Mid-Tower White $185 or 4000D $105
Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2TB $539
Ram: CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2K3600C16 VENGEANCE LPX 32GB (2X16GB) 3600MHZ DDR4 $431 Is or ok to use 4000 or would 3600 make more sense? What is the difference between c16 and c18?
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B550 VISION D-P $369
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core AM4 3.70 GHz $799
CPU cooler: BE QUIET! DARK ROCK PRO 4 CPU COOLER $139 or can this as it is the only thing in white i can find ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 34 ESPORTS DUO GRAY WHITE $90
Fans: 3x NEW FRACTAL DESIGN ASPECT 12 120MM $29 each

Thanks in advance.

It seems strange using fractal design fans in a Corsair case (he says while looking at Corsair fans in a Fractal case... but they on my AIO, I have an excuse)

do you need that many fans?
case comes with 2, what you using other 3 for? intake?

ram: CL16 is faster, the lower the latency number, the faster the ram responds to CPU.
Not sure about the 4k vs 3600 question.

Wonder if we get a summer this year, last year was odd (I am in Australia too). I still don't know how my AIO will behave in a summer as 1 year old it still hasn't had a real one yet.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
do you need that many fans?
case comes with 2, what you using other 3 for? intake?

Not sure about the 4k vs 3600 question.
I thought the 5000d didn't come with any fans, I can see in pics that the 4000d does come with 2. I will end up probably going with the 4000d as I think it will do the job. I am not looking to add too much more hardware.

it supposedly has 2 case fans

Two Included 120mm Fans: CORSAIR AirGuide fans utilize anti-vortex vanes to concentrate airflow and enhance cooling

I would link to Corsair website but they chose now to do maintenance, so Amazon will have to do - https://www.amazon.com.au/Corsair-CC-9011210-WW-Airflow-Tempered-Mid-Tower/dp/B08M49WW51

you could still remove the front single 120 and put the 3 new ones in. You shouldn't need more than that.

I don't know which are best coolers so I sit this one out :)

What about Deepcool AS500 PLUS RGB CPU Air Cooler - White?
It does come with RGB but I'm guessing you can turn it off since it comes with he cable?
Seems a decent cooler, except its 171.5 mm tall and so doesn't technically fit in the cases you.

I say technically, because sometimes there's a mm or two of flex in the side panel that might allow you to fit it in.

Just grab the Arctic E34, its a good cooler as well, and fits easily.

Jun 11, 2021
Visit site
Seems a decent cooler, except its 171.5 mm tall and so doesn't technically fit in the cases you.

I say technically, because sometimes there's a mm or two of flex in the side panel that might allow you to fit it in.

Just grab the Arctic E34, its a good cooler as well, and fits easily.
ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 34 ESPORTS DUO GRAY WHITE CPU COOLER
Does come white but I was told it may not be strong enough for the CPU?

Its not the strongest CPU cooler in the world, but if you wont overclock it will be fine.

What it does have is 2x2000 RPM fans that might be a little loud going up and down if you don't customize the fan curves.

Other alternatives might be some sort of AIO with white fans like a Corsair ICue if you want something more powerful and white that's guaranteed to fit. Would have to be 280mm though as it seems 5000D doesnt fit 240's.

TRENDING THREADS