HDD to SSD

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
I need some help with switching drives but i don't know where to start. I know im suppose to boot it as the primary but don't i have to clone my windows first and move my data? Its a samsung evo 970 M.2.

Havent done it in a while, but don't Samsung drives come with a copy of the Magician software for doing just that? At least they used to.

If not I've also used Macrium Reflect which has a free version. Once you've cloned the drive just set it to boot drive in BIOS then you're free to format your old drive for use as a data drive. Or whatever you want to do.

Reactions: Oussebon
Macrium Reflect would be a great place to start.

If you need more help, you need to give more details :)

Are you planning to keep the HDD in your system? If possible, I recommend you do that. Use the SSD for Windows and software, and keep your data on the HDD.

I use Macrium Reflect which the guys have recommended, it's very good. Above setup makes it easy to image your SSD regularly—I recommend shortly before Microsoft's monthly update on the 2nd Tuesday—and do normal backup of your data whenever.

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
Macrium Reflect would be a great place to start.

If you need more help, you need to give more details

I have figured it out thank you i should of just searched lol because samsung has their own cloning software on their website.

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
Are you planning to keep the HDD in your system? If possible, I recommend you do that. Use the SSD for Windows and software, and keep your data on the HDD.

I use Macrium Reflect which the guys have recommended, it's very good. Above setup makes it easy to image your SSD regularly—I recommend shortly before Microsoft's monthly update on the 2nd Tuesday—and do normal backup of your data whenever.

Yes that is exactly what i'm doing yet i also have an external that i use for the big stuff but i turned off my main hard drive after i installed the SSD is that okay or do you think i can use all 3 with no problems?

TRENDING THREADS