Have you ever questioned who is getting beaten by you on the other side of the screen?

Jul 19, 2024
Visit site
Hell naw! For me atleast. I don't even understand if that's a thing. Do you care about the actual person you're killing in the game? Or their skin colour? Cuz according to them they need more inclusivity in gaming.

For me, gaming is just gaming and for god's sake I only care about getting a kill streak. Is this a gimmick or did anyone actually faced some racism while gaming?

Hell naw! For me atleast. I don't even understand if that's a thing. Do you care about the actual person you're killing in the game? Or their skin colour? Cuz according to them they need more inclusivity in gaming.

For me, gaming is just gaming and for god's sake I only care about getting a kill streak. Is this a gimmick or did anyone actually faced some racism while gaming?
No, but to be fair I dont play much online. But look up 'COD slur speedrun' on Youtube and tell me theres no racism in gaming.

Anyway its a big issue with a lot to consider, but as a general statement allowing more people access to a hobby or sport you enjoy is positive because it allows it to grow and be enjoyed by more people, rather than fading away over time. Encouraging more people to play games whatever their colour or gender is going to help out everyone interested in the hobby in the end.

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Of course I never cared.
In my SC2 days, somebody bad-manners me? Cool, must mean I did something really well and pissed them off lol. Nowadays after a game of Hunt: Showdown, somebody posts a "cheater" comment on my Steam profile? I wear that as a badge of honor, but not for a single second I wonder who gave that comment and what they look like or what's their beliefs are.

The whole "we need more diversity and be more inclusive" thing is BS.

I don't play games directly against other people.

Its so rare I can remember the few times I have. I know one guy raged at me in Wow long ago as he came back after I killed him lol. But I haven't played it in over 15 years now. I don't like pvp, I avoid it in fact.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I don't care who a person is until they show they are a giant racist bigot. Then the trolling begins. I have heard tons of horrible stuff in online gaming. I've heard stuff said to myself, friends and family.

I also think there's nothing wrong with diversity in games or any community. There's more then white people and big boobed women who have 5 percent of their body covered in the world and not everyone is straight. If people don't like it then maybe they should look inside themselves and analyze their hate.

Just remember people hated diversity back in the day too. It's why women didn't work certain jobs, people of color didn't play sports with white people or eat at the same restaurants, use the same washroom, go to the same schools, live in the same area...... yeah I don't feel like living in those times or being one of those people.

I got a lot of friends and family from all over, of all kinds of different religions, beliefs, and across the LGBTQ+ spectrum and I wouldn't have them in my lives if it wasn't for people fighting for diversity and they couldn't live their life without people fighting for it.

Also one final note. When I was younger we had this saying, if you don't like what you're watching then change the channel. So if ya don't like a game cause it's woke or diverse. Then go play another game. There's thousands of games out there.

I don't question who the person that's playing, but that said I certainly would start making impressions and getting ideas of the sort of person they are if they start screeching over voice com and insulting everyone etc.

But on the flip side, one thing i can't stand is a random stranger getting one up on me and gloating and laughing at my expense.

I have not had abuse from a player during or after a battle but the chat rooms in games have become so toxic these days that i very rarely join in conversations.

dota2 , warframe , and viking rise chat rooms are lethal.

The worse i have ever seen was on the origonal age of mythology made eso/microsoft , their was a guy on their called average american. who was anti everything. It was common knowledge that he would start an argument by saying something bad and would keep logging in/out with different names so he would actually be arguing with himself just to see if anyone else would join in.

I know the chat rooms were monitored because when things got really toxic the screens would go black and the chatrooms would have messages posted on them saying closed for the rest of the day ..... apologies to the players who have done nothing wrong.

In the 22 years i have been a pc gamer it is the only chat rooms i have seen shut when things turned bad.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Oh yeah, back in the early MMOs you had to communicate via typing in text that went through the game system. That was all logged so, if somebody did a /report, it was trivial for a person to look up exactly what happened (assuming it was all in a language the monitor knew) with a good bit of context as well. People were vastly more civil.

People always highlight bad things in gaming so to prove their are some good folk around i got a good story for you. A few years ago in warframe chat a called h***o 51 got a lot of people worried as he was talking as if he wanted to end his life. Then nobody heard from him for many days so myself and a few others contacted the devs about our concern. After a few days the devs told us all they had contacted him and said he was ok and thanked us.

one thing i can't stand is a random stranger getting one up on me and gloating and laughing at my expense

That may be easier to take when you realize hir behavior is saying so much more about themselves than about you.

I played a few contact sports when young. We'd beat the heck out of each other for an hour and then shake hands and have a drink together afterwards—even when we won or lost by a cricket score.

That all happened because it was the ethos, the culture, which was drilled into us from the very beginning as kidlets. Dunno if such a turnaround can be made with gaming.

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS