Has bugs or crashes stopped you completing a game

I will start the ball rolling by naming Operencia the stolen sun , although this has been around for almost 4 years i have never managed to get past 1 certain section where you have to kill Baldtizar in the gate to the underworld section and whats most annoying is that is it section 14 of 16 so i am not far from the end.

I never get killed by Baldtizar and his side kicks because i always get an unreal engine crash report , it could be after 30 seconds or 5 minutes ...

Yeah, I never could get past 256 on Pacman... but then no one can
its technically not really a bug, more that the game engine can't count past that stage.

Not all Arcade glitches were bad though
I never actually saw end of it but we did clock the score and left it as 000040... which was 1mill. People came in later and tried to beat and couldn't understand why beating 40 didn't give them high scores. That was a fun day.

Last edited:
Yeah, I never could get past 256 on Pacman... but then no one can
its technically not really a bug, more that the game engine can't count past that stage.

Not all Arcade glitches were bad though
I never actually saw end of it but we did clock the score and left it as 000040... which was 1mill. People came in later and tried to beat and couldn't understand why beating 40 didn't give them high scores. That was a fun day.
Did you ever play Tempest? That was my favorite. I've played versions on the PC. Unfortunately, it was a game you could really only play well with a knob.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dead Rising 4 crashed near the end of my second run and no matter what i did i couldn't stop it. it kept crashing in the same point and its a known issue and you couldn't load an earlier save to resolve. Thankfully, i had beaten the game once already, but i'm one of the lucky ones, others apparently couldn't beat the game because of the bugs.

i'm pretty sure there was a game some years back i was having a really boring time and when the game crashed, i cheered and saw it as a sign from god that i should NOT be playing that game any more. but i can't remember what game that was...

I stopped playing Two Worlds 2 when the game kept crashing when I tried leaving a specific location. I even went back to a save an hour earlier and it crashed again, so I just gave up.

This is sad to me because Two Worlds 2 was a great game for its time. Kinda wish it would get a remake or a new release.

For me, the most recent one was Cyberpunk 2077 because i kept crashing in the final mission trying to get the secret ending. Tried like 7 or 8 times and gave up.

Its since been completed, but it wasnt until months after phantom liberty came out that i went back. I played CP but i just never replayed that mission specifically.

Dead Rising 4 crashed near the end of my second run and no matter what i did i couldn't stop it. it kept crashing in the same point and its a known issue and you couldn't load an earlier save to resolve. Thankfully, i had beaten the game once already, but i'm one of the lucky ones, others apparently couldn't beat the game because of the bugs.

i'm pretty sure there was a game some years back i was having a really boring time and when the game crashed, i cheered and saw it as a sign from god that i should NOT be playing that game any more. but i can't remember what game that was...

Oh man that would suck so bad. I got lucky with that game. It crashed a couple times till I tweaked the settings just right and then no problems after that. Like ya said luckily ya already beat it.

Also speaking of settings @mjs warlord have you tried tinkering with the settings a bit. Maybe there's something graphically going on that's causing it to crash??? I know with the UT engine in some games when I turned certain things down it would stop crashing. Seemed like the same kinda situation. I'd play most of the game with no crashed, get to one part, crash crash crash, but as soon as I tweaked the shadows or lighting, then I could get through it with no crashes. Just a random suggestion.

Oh man that would suck so bad. I got lucky with that game. It crashed a couple times till I tweaked the settings just right and then no problems after that. Like ya said luckily ya already beat it.

DR4 was pretty problematic at times. Too often i would fail a mission because an NPC got stuck and thus i couldn't progress further. had to restart the mission and hope they didn't get stuck again. The part i got stuck on was escaping that burning basement (so the penultimate chapter?) get to the door after a harrowing escape and it craps out. Tried skipping the FMV sequence in the hopes i get around it but nope. Part of the problem is that you get one save and you have to manage. it could also be the fact i was playing the capcom mode thing (dress up as various capcom characters to gain abilities) but no idea.

There have been of course games i simply couldn't play from the off but they don't count. Saints Row 2 came VERY close to being unbeatable. That PC port was nothing short of trash and needed mods to progress. it also added a whole load of other things as well. GTA 4 on windows live was close to impossible to complete the final mission. The last bit where you had to get onto that chopper? yeah the game crapped out there. Either it was a vsync issue or something. They did patch it and fix it. 2 / 3 years after i beat it. I had to pick the other ending sadly.

Honorable mention goes to Diablo 2 on the final act 2 boss. Enter the cave and die instantly. They patched it out, but no good for me when i played it. Thanks for that blizzard.

I guess I got lucky with DR4 just sorry to hear DR4 was that crappy for ya @Johnway

Also I never experienced that in GTA4, but I also hated GTA 4 and it's characters so bad I just stopped playing it. Every time I gave it a chance I just felt the same way..... the game is boring, drab, and felt the acting was horrible. So I've never beaten it and don't want to.

TRENDING THREADS