Has a mod , trainer or hack trashed your game.

The reason i ask this is because a pal of mine asked me to look at his sons pc as it was doing all sorts of weird things , in the end he owned up to getting some game mods from grey area sites.

I have only ever tried 2 things to help me in games and have come unstuck on both occassions.

1. when the first dragon age game came out i could not kill the last thing , i think it was a huge dragon on a rooftop , so i got a god mode , it made the game even harder because my IA team were dead so just being on my own it took me a hell of a long time to do the end bit. When i bought all the other dragon age games i discovered that because i had imported my character from the previous games the god mode was still active , because my side kicks died quick i did almost the entire follow up game solo which as you can imagine took ages. The reason this happened was because the god mode code was embedded into the registry and i was not confident enough at that time to go into the registry and try and fix it. Thankfully by the time dragon age inquisition came out i had a different pc. ........ note in dragon age games your team mates dont respawn unless you die as well.

2. at the beginning of the year i got SATISFACTORY and i struggled a lot so i found a trainer and it totally screwed the game , machines had a mind of their own and the trainer caused more problems than help .... example i destroyed and rebuilt a lot of things , the only problem was my layout was littered with chests too big to disposed of the contents , after 30 hours i dumped it but this time i went into the registry and removed the trainer leftovers because the reset values were still making odd things happen , after the clear out i did a fresh reinstall of the game and now have nearly 850 hours clean playing time.

I would like to find some sort of program that would add extra content to SATISFACTORY , i did ask about this on steam discussions and a few players said the ones they used trashed the game.

Reactions: Frindis
I've never used a trainer or a hack. I've also never had a mod "trash" my game. I've had crashes and conflicts at times, but most of those were from an installation error on my part, where I didn't thoroughly follow the install instructions, or maybe missed a mod dependency or conflict. In cases like those, after fixing the issue, or uninstalling a mod or mods, I've gone back to an earlier save like @Zloth said, or at times started a new game; but my game has never been ruined.

getting some game mods from grey area sites.
I'm curious as to what these "grey area sites" are. Mods from established sites like the Nexus, ModDB, or even the Steam Workshop are perfectly safe.

No trainer here either, but mods are a big reason I stick with PC gaming. What's a hack? I often change values in game files, is that what it is? Or is it the unlimited gold kind of thing?

I've never had a game ruined by any futzing I've done. If it did happen and wasn't a simple solution, then I'd just restore my latest disk image and all would be well. I recommend imaging your system and game drive(s) before doing any major PC surgery, that way you're never more than an hour away from getting back to a good place.

Link to thread re how to do it is in my sig.

The reason i ask this is because a pal of mine asked me to look at his sons pc as it was doing all sorts of weird things , in the end he owned up to getting some game mods from grey area sites.
I get mods from all over and have never had a malicious one. I've literally downloaded thousands upon thousands of mods. I had almost a thousand in one game alone, downloaded from all over the place.

2. at the beginning of the year i got SATISFACTORY and i struggled a lot so i found a trainer and it totally screwed the game

Don't download trainers. They are completely different from mods, made by completely different people. Trainers are from the "cheater" ecology. That's a big difference from mods, and makes them very risky.

I would like to find some sort of program that would add extra content to SATISFACTORY , i did ask about this on steam discussions and a few players said the ones they used trashed the game.

They don't know what they are doing. I've used 50 to 60 mods for Satisfactory, and only had problems with one, which had a memory leak, and it was promptly fixed by the modder.

Go here: https://ficsit.app/sml-versions and download the Satisfactory Mod Loader. It's a great program. You'll then be able to download mods directly from it, and it will tell you if the mod is up-to-date or not. It will also prevent mod conflicts.

Now, some of the script mods on there are listed as not up-to-date, but they work just fine, like the passive mod. You can go ahead and use those script mods (mods that change something about the game, but don't add anything). If you run into problems, just look at the error report and delete whatever mod is causing the problem.

Also, mods should do nothing to your registry and should come with instructions on how to uninstall them properly.

Last edited: