Graphics card suggestions

Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I have an Asus b150-plus d3 motherboard with an Intel i5 6600K Socket 1151 LGA processor
unfortunately my excellent graphics card is failing me little by little which is an ati radeon hd 5870 2go eyefinity 6 edition sapphire

for several days I have had problems with my pc, the keyboard mouse and screen only start 8 times out of 10 or in full video I had a blank page then nothing, it remains frozen
so tonight i decided to dismantle the pc and apparently it's my graphics card which is hs, i removed my CG and the pc restarted directly with mouse and keyboard

currently i'm connected to the motherboard VGA port and everything is apparently working fine.

I would like to know what would be the best graphics card for this Asus b150-plus d3 motherboard with Intel i5 6600K Socket 1151 LGA processor?

Thank you

Bonjour

J'ai une carte mère Asus b150-plus d3 avec un processeur Intel i5 6600K Socket 1151 LGA
malheureusement mon excellente carte graphique moi fait défaut petit à petit qui est une saphir ati radeon hd 5870 2go eyefinity 6 edition

depuis plusieurs jours j'ai eu des soucis avec mon pc, le clavier souris et écran ne démarre que 8 fois sur 10 ou en pleine vidéo j'ai eu une page blanche puis plus rien, ça reste figé
donc ce soir j'ai décidé de démonter le pc et apparemment c'est ma carte graphique qui est hs, j'ai retiré ma CG et le pc a redémarré direct avec la souris et le clavier

actuellement, je suis connecté au port VGA de la carte mère et tout fonctionne apparemment bien.

J'aimerais savoir quelle serait la meilleure carte graphique pour cette carte mère Asus b150-plus d3 avec processeur Intel i5 6600K Socket 1151 LGA ?

Je vous remercie

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome, that graphics cards you had put in a good few years work!

We are going to need to know a couple more things first.

1. Did you try the graphics card in another PCI-E slot? You might be lucky and have it work.

2. What country are you in and what is your budget?

3. What is the model of your case

4. Most importantly, the exact model and wattage of your power supply unit (PSU). If you don't know try and get a picture of the label on the side that should look something like this. (Scroll down a bit)

The case is important so we know if a card will physically fit. The power supply because it may also need replacing unless you want your new card to go the same way as the old, unfortunately.

Bear in mind we are in the middle of a shortage of parts and prices are extremely high at the moment as well.

Reactions: Alm and Brian Boru
Dec 15, 2021
Visit site
hello, I am from Belgium
yes I tried on the second pci-e port, it's always the same, keyboard mouse and screen that does not start.
I have a corsair 850 watt power supply and a tower cooler master HAF 922.
for my budget I think that + or - 300 € is good.
Thx

hello, I am from Belgium
yes I tried on the second pci-e port, it's always the same, keyboard mouse and screen that does not start.
I have a corsair 850 watt power supply and a tower cooler master HAF 922.
for my budget I think that + or - 300 € is good.
Thx
It would be nice to know the exact model of the PSU, because not all Corsairs are good, just because they are Corsair. Also they have different warranty lengths for different models, and depending on the age of it I would still advise replacing it if its outside of warranty. PSU blows, whole system blows.

Anyway if you insist on only the GPU there's not much choice for €300. Theres a huge problem at the moment with availability and prices are up to twice what they should be.

A couple of options from Alternate:

A GTX 1650

Is the faster option for over budget.

Or a GTX 1050Ti

which is around 25% slower than the 1650

Both of these use basically no power compared to your old card, but you should still look into replacing that PSU with another quality unit if its very old. Even a good one can take out the rest of your system if theres a failure, and even if it doesnt just break it can start to cause other components to fail if it starts acting up, and you wouldn't know until it was too late.

TRENDING THREADS