Question GPU OR MOBO?

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
hi i wanted to ask ur guys opinion

so, i have a "budget" pc which has an intel core i5 3470
galax gtx 1050
8gb ram ddr3
1 fan
and a cheap LGA1155 OEM motherboard (im pretty sure it is a fake motherboard)
1stplayer 450w PSU
*i asked someone to build me this pc and just realized it is running with a fake motherboard :/ btw im not that sad because it was a $380 budget pc, of course they will search for the cheapest part possible.

im kinda scared that the motherboard would broke down as it is a fake motherboard, i was thinking of an i5 9400k with an asrock h310m motherboard and a 16gb ddr4 ram,but at the same time i wanted to upgrade to an rtx 2060. bruh i cant decide xD. please help me guys, i appreciate all replies! thanks! :)

How long have you had this PC?

What are you looking to improve, specifically, by upgrading components?

What monitor are you gaming on? What is the resolution and refresh rate?

What is your budget for upgrades, and what country and currency are you shopping in?

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
How long have you had this PC?

What are you looking to improve, specifically, by upgrading components?

What monitor are you gaming on? What is the resolution and refresh rate?

What is your budget for upgrades, and what country and currency are you shopping in?
hi thanks for the reply! , im looking for a "safe specification" (by using a trusted component) and also a better performance to play games more quicker, ive had this pc since november 2019 , im gaming on a 19 inch 1360x768 samsung tv 60hz, my budget is around $450 , i live in indonesia with rupiah as the currency.

An RTX 2060 is overkill for that resolution, big time. A waste of cash.

In many games, the CPU and motherboard should not be holding you back. Having a "fake" motherboard may not be a problem. Spending a load of money to replace something you bought less than a year ago probably means you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

What performance problems are you having, in what games?

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
i
An RTX 2060 is overkill for that resolution, big time. A waste of cash.

In many games, the CPU and motherboard should not be holding you back. Having a "fake" motherboard may not be a problem. Spending a load of money to replace something you bought less than a year ago probably means you shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

What performance problems are you having, in what games?
l havent got any performance problem yet, i just want my pc to have more fps so i can use it to play on a 144hz monitor (future) smoothly , i only got like 40-50fps on GTA V (which is the game i played alot) with stutter lag after playing for hours (my friend told me it is normal), beside that everything is normal such as csgo with avg 200fps.

Don't upgrade anything until you are ready to buy the new monitor. No point buying things you don't need yet, because by the time you do there will be newer /faster / cheaper things on the market/

That doesn't sound normal for GTAV though.

TRENDING THREADS