GPU-CPU Combo bottleneck

Sep 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi guys my question is as follows: Can the ryzen 5 5600 work well with the new 7800 xt?
What i would like to mention is that i already bought the cpu and everything else except the gpu.The monitor is at 2k resolution.I bought the components over the last few months with the intention to pair with the 6700 xt,then the 6800/6800 xt and now with the 7800 xt :)).I know there isn't a big difference between 6800 xt and 7800 xt but it's newer arhitecture and better consumption.I bought everything on am4 platform and i want in 1.5-2 years to upgrade to am5 and that's why i want more the 7800 xt.

Hi guys my question is as follows: Can the ryzen 5 5600 work well with the new 7800 xt?
What i would like to mention is that i already bought the cpu and everything else except the gpu.The monitor is at 2k resolution.I bought the components over the last few months with the intention to pair with the 6700 xt,then the 6800/6800 xt and now with the 7800 xt :)).I know there isn't a big difference between 6800 xt and 7800 xt but it's newer arhitecture and better consumption.I bought everything on am4 platform and i want in 1.5-2 years to upgrade to am5 and that's why i want more the 7800 xt.
5600 will work just fine with it.

If youre going to upgrade to AM5 in a couple of years do you realize your going to need to buy a new CPU motherboard and RAM at that time?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 24, 2023
Visit site
5600 will work just fine with it.

If youre going to upgrade to AM5 in a couple of years do you realize your going to need to buy a new CPU motherboard and RAM at that time?
Yes,i do know that.I made a comparison between the prices a few months ago for the cpu,motherboard and rams and it was a bit of a difference between them in my country and opted for am4 in the end.Thanks by the way

OK just worth checking. The other option is to drop in a 5800X3D if theyre going cheap in a couple years for a nice little boost.

sounds like a plan... (tomorrow)

Ej6cOwV.jpg

rumour AM6 might not be far off. Just skip a generation and get that instead.

AMD CPU & GPU & SAM work well.

I wanted a 7800 xt last year... I was just impatient. got a 7900 xt instead.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Oct 18, 2023
Visit site

The Ryzen 5 5600X should work well with the Radeon RX 7800 XT. The CPU will not be a significant bottleneck, especially at 2K resolution. Upgrading to the 7800 XT is a good choice for improved performance and future-proofing. Your plan to upgrade to AM5 later aligns well with this choice. Being a busy student, I often find myself in a difficult situation when it comes to writing a research paper. So I decided to try this https://writinguniverse.com/write-my-research-paper/ site. The result was amazing! I got a high-quality paper written by skilled writers who really know their stuff. I also got the paper on time. This has become my favorite service to help me study better. If you are in a difficult situation and need a quick and dependable solution for your research paper, don’t be afraid to ask for expert help.

The Ryzen 5 5600X should work well with the Radeon RX 7800 XT. The CPU will not be a significant bottleneck, especially at 2K resolution. Upgrading to the 7800 XT is a good choice for improved performance and future-proofing. Your plan to upgrade to AM5 later aligns well with this choice.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS