Give me your opinion on my pc build plz

Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
Cpu : amd ryzen 5 3600 (230$CAD ~ 175$USD$)
Gpu : gigabyte 1660 super (350$CAD ~ 265$USD)
Ram : corsair vengeance DDR4 16gb 3200 (100$CAD ~ 75$USD)
Ssd : Crucial p1 1TB (160$CAD ~ 120$USD)
Mortherboard : Asus Tuf x570 gaming plus wifi (250$CAD ~ 190$USD)
Case : nzxt h510 (100$CAD ~ 75$USD)
Power supply : corsair rm550x 80+ gold (110$CAD ~ 83$USD)
Monitor : samsung curved 27 inch full hd (250$CAD ~ 190$USD)

thx for your opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: Oussebon
The X570 seems excessive for the build, unless you're likely to perform a major CPU upgrade when e.g. Zen 3 comes out?

You could stick with a B450 motherboard and invest the savings into a better monitor .e.g one with a higher refresh rate and wide adaptive sync (freesync) window.

Overall the build looks pretty sound.

Reactions: Zoid
Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
The X570 seems excessive for the build, unless you're likely to perform a major CPU upgrade when e.g. Zen 3 comes out?

You could stick with a B450 motherboard and invest the savings into a better monitor .e.g one with a higher refresh rate and wide adaptive sync (freesync) window.

Overall the build looks pretty sound.
Thank you, but I really need a wifi motherboard that is compatible with my components, can you suggest me one ?

If you're not overclocking, any B450 motherboard and a wifi adapter / wifi PCIe card.

Looking at USA partpicker prices e.g.
MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4
Which would be fine even with a bit of an OC. And there are cheaper ones too.

Plus a wifi adapter for what, $20? Leaves you quite a bit more for a better monitor.

Reactions: Zoid
Feb 23, 2020
Visit site
If you're not overclocking, any B450 motherboard and a wifi adapter / wifi PCIe card.

Looking at USA partpicker prices e.g.
MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4
Which would be fine even with a bit of an OC. And there are cheaper ones too.

Plus a wifi adapter for what, $20? Leaves you quite a bit more for a better monitor.
Thank you very much

Zoid

Community Contributor
I agree with @Oussebon that an X570 board is overkill, unless you specifically need the features of the X570 chipset over the B450 (I'm guessing you don't).

These B450 boards have Wifi built in (there may be more that I'm forgetting):
ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming
ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro WiFi
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC

Or as Oussebon said you can get a cheap Wifi card and stick it on any motherboard.

Reactions: Oussebon
I'm just going to mention, because Ive seen a few people here do it over the last couple of weeks.. I hope that RAM kit you mentioned is 2x8GB and not a 1x16 stick. You should buy RAM in sets of two or four sticks. Running in single channel mode will affect system performance, and upgrading at a later date might cause problems...

Sometimes RAM vendors will use different IC's (RAM chips) on their sticks from different packages even if the branding is the same (Corsair vengeance, Gskill Ripjaws etc eg). If the secondary and tertiary timings arent the same your system might underperform or exhibit other problems that might prove hard to diagnose in the long run.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts