Gift Ideas for....me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
So. Me and my family run a secret santa for christmas. £50 each. Saves buying loads of cheap items for each other, as we only buy one gift now.
I have to populate my list for my secret santa to pick from.....
Question. What do I put on said list that is PC Gaming related?

I am 'waiting' like the rest of the world for my first gaming desktop to arrive (3600x, 6800xt, 570x motherboard, 1tb 970 evo Plus and H100i Plat cooler)

I have two keyboards in the house. One for work with a USB wireless adaptor, and a surface keyboard. And two mouse, again. One with USB adaptor and one surface mouse. Annoyingly my work laptop doesn't allow bluetooth! Otherwise I'd get a new mouse etc that I can use on my new desktop and work laptop.

So. Any ideas? :)
It's the old. Something you probably wouldn't get yourself.

Oh, thought of the first item...
1. PC Gamer Sub

Uh, maybe an upcoming game?

Suggestions...

Halo Infinite
Cyberpunk 2077
Far Cry 6
Resident Evil Village

Had to LOL over the "'waiting' like the rest of the world for my first gaming desktop" bit. I know you probably meant the waits are longer due to COVID, but it sounded like you were implying we're all waiting to get our first desktop gaming rigs, when in fact, you're just catching up to those of us who have been using them for decades. :D

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Uh, maybe an upcoming game?

Suggestions...

Halo Infinite
Cyberpunk 2077
Far Cry 6
Resident Evil Village

Had to LOL over the "'waiting' like the rest of the world for my first gaming desktop" bit. I know you probably meant the waits are longer due to COVID, but it sounded like you were implying we're all waiting to get our first desktop gaming rigs, when in fact, you're just catching up to those of us who have been using them for decades. :D

Haha. Oh yeah ;-) I meant, I am waiting for 'my first desktop' with a GPU that the rest of the world is waiting for. Doh.

I was thinking something hardware based?

I wonder if my secret santa is on a forum somewhere going 'i need to put items on my wishlist, what shall I add? :)

Haha. Oh yeah ;-) I meant, I am waiting for 'my first desktop' with a GPU that the rest of the world is waiting for. Doh.

I was thinking something hardware based?

I wonder if my secret santa is on a forum somewhere going 'i need to put items on my wishlist, what shall I add? :)
Had you just mentioned a 3080, vs all that AMD hardware, I could see it, especially since a ton of people have been waiting even longer since the initial batch sold out. All we know about the 6800XT so far is non consumer claims on how it compares to the 3080 in a handful of games. There's no telling yet whether it will suffer the same dreaded several months of bad drivers and crashing like many had with the 5700XT.

As far as hardware in the price range you mentioned, are you happy with your mouse or keyboard? Either might be good choices.

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Had you just mentioned a 3080, vs all that AMD hardware, I could see it, especially since a ton of people have been waiting even longer since the initial batch sold out. All we know about the 6800XT so far is non consumer claims on how it compares to the 3080 in a handful of games. There's no telling yet whether it will suffer the same dreaded several months of bad drivers and crashing like many had with the 5700XT.

As far as hardware in the price range you mentioned, are you happy with your mouse or keyboard? Either might be good choices.

Yeah. I mouse i could use with my work laptop via a USB and a desktop without having to move the USB would be ideal !

Reactions: Daday and besjem
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS