Gaming Monitor Inches

Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I am in Searching of Gaming Monitor and I thought that 23 inch monitor is perfectly good for gaming...what did you guys say on this, please suggest gamers.

PS:- or if you have any another good option then prefer me as well 🤝

Reactions: Sarafan
I think the average size of monitors now is about 27 inches,
Between 24 & 27 inches - https://www.abt.com/learn/computer-monitor-buying-guide

It can depend on what games you play, smaller monitors that run at 1080p can run at silly speeds

Most are trending towards larger sizes. I have a 32 inch but its about as big as I need. Ultra wide screen monitors that curve and seem to surround you are a step too far for me.

But really its up to you. You are the one who has to use it, so it doesn't matter what others say :)

Sarafan

Community Contributor
It really depends who you ask. I have experience only with two brands when it comes to LCD (or more precisely LED) monitors: Samsung and MSI. Both are quite budget to be honest. I never had desire to spend a lot on monitor. Anyway, the Samsung monitor is now almost 7 years old and I have barely any problems with it.

As my main screen I now use MSI monitor and it serves me good. It has better color mapping and view angles (probably because it has an IPS matrix). There’s a very delicate yellowish tint on a small portion of the screen, but I didn’t feel the desire to send it to RMA because of it. It’s only barely visible on a white and gray background. Apart from that, no problems and I’m generally satisfied with it.

Many people praise iiyama monitors, but you have to be prepared for higher cost. Also some ASUS might be a good choice. The company is well known for quality.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
Honestly, I would lean toward not going with a gaming-centric company and look at LG, Dell or HP. All 3 are highly rated by consumers.
I think yes you're right somewhere I think I should go with these brands

What would you say? 👍

I think yes you're right somewhere I think I should go with these brands

What would you say? 👍
Which one are you interested in? The link pulls up 7 different ones. I would lean toward the ones with the 3070 GPU's over the 3060's, but if the 3060 is better for your budget, go for it. It will do fine, especially with a 23 inch 1080p screen. Those 12700k CPU's are very nice. All seem to have acceptable RAM and power supplies. If I were to complain about anything, it would be the size of the system drives (512 GB), but it's workable, but if there's an option to upgrade it, I would probably do it. But it really depends on how many games you want installed at the same time. It might work great for you, and you could always upgrade it later if you decided you wanted to.

I'd say that, in general, they all look very good.

Reactions: Brian Boru
May 1, 2020
Visit site
...23 inch monitor is perfectly good for gaming...what did you guys say on this...

PS:- or if you have any another good option then prefer me as well 🤝

:giggle: I'm happily writing this because last month I learned a bit about monitors and made my first gaming monitor purchase! I am now the proud owner of a Acer Nitro XF243Y. It's a 24" 1080p IPS monitor with Freesync Premium and a low response time and maxes at 165Hz! It's amazing and I love it. Currently running it at 144Hz.

So for monitor size it comes down to two things I would say: what is available on the market for the resolution you want, and how far you sit from it.

I would suggest a 23.8"/24" for 1080p and not exceeding that since the pixel density decreases above 24" for 1080p, like for example on a 27". So the text on the screen will look more crisp with a 24"/23.8" monitor compared to a 27"+ size for full HD resolution. But also how far your monitor is from your face depends too. If you're like 2 feet away than a 23.8/24" 1080p monitor is great. If 3+feet away maybe a 27" 1080p monitor would be better.

For 1440p resolution monitors, most on the market comes in 27" size. These look great since they have the highest pixel density compared to 1080p monitors, but you best have the GPU power to push those extra pixels. If you usually customize your gaming experience to reach 60+ fps and often play at 1080p because you need to, meaning your GPU is lacking that 1440p 60+fps punch, you might want to stick to 1080p monitor b/c people think that playing a game at 1080p on a 1440p native resolution monitor makes for display artifacts like the image being blurry for example. I don't know how true this is or whether it has changed.

I don't have much to say on 4k monitors since I game budget and 4k is super expensive :eek:

On whether you want IPS or VA display technology, VA is supposed to have darker blacks but there's more blur on it when motion is on the screen versus IPS which has less blur due to having faster response times, though the contrast ratio is lacking on IPS. However I found that the image looks just fine on my IPS monitor compared to another VA Panel monitor I tried. The VA panel monitor had richer dark colors but I prefer the faster response time since I've had 10+ years of experiencing slow response times on non gaming monitors.

Main reason I upgraded from my 27" 1080p monitor to this 24" 1080p monitor is because the 27" was too big for how close it sits to me(2.3 feet or so), and this 24" has crisper detail since higher pixel density, and this new monitor offers height adjustment which is freaking awesome since now I don't need to look all the way down like with my old monitor. Slim bevels are a plus too :D

A note on freesync if you don't know, Nvidia GPUs can utilize Freesync too and not just AMD GPUs so that's awesome.
But yeah that's all I have. I recommend the Acer Nitro XF243Y monitor. I'd wait for it to go on sale for $129.99 and lower since I bought it at that price (y) I used the rtings winter 2022 catalog for best budget monitor to base my purchasing decision on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS