Gaming Laptop around $1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking for some recommendations for a decent beginner's gaming laptop with an emphasis on performance and speed above all else. Ideally, I'm looking for it to be just around $1,000.

What do I mean by an "emphasis on performance and speed above all else"? Well, I mean that I'm willing to sacrifice mostly anything to squeeze every last drop of speed out with my budget. Screen size? Doesn't matter, at least it doesn't matter that much, I can deal with a smaller than average screen. Cosmetics and flashy lights? I could care less. Compactness? As long as it can still be considered a laptop, I do not care how big and bulky it gets. Battery Life? Well, while I'm more hesitant about this aspect, if, say, they're two similar options, and performance wise, one has a significant advantage over the other, but has a couple of hours shorter of a battery life, I'd be willing to make that sacrifice.

In terms of specific aspects of the hardware, I'm not exactly sure what I want, or if I want something like the RAM or GPU prioritized over other aspects. Ideally, the hardware specs should be best suited to gaming.

I know I laid out my specifications in no uncertain terms and in a very extreme manner, but please consider them as purely suggestions. I'm extremely new to modern gaming computers, and while I love computers in general, I've just never had enough money to start off in the world of PC gaming, so I'm not very knowledgeable about gaming oriented hardware and parts. As a result, I have no idea if the criteria and examples I laid out near the beginning are even rational or feasible preferences in the first place. Additionally, feel free to point out any flaws in my reasoning, and if I should prioritize things over performance.

I'm extremely open to choices outside of my criteria, but I would prefer a general emphasis on raw performance.

If you've taken the time to read this, thank you for your time, I really do appreciate any help, no matter how minor it is. Hell, if you only read this and got this far, I still appreciate you. I'm looking forward to reading your guys's advice.

P.S. A stipulation that I probably should've mentioned before is that, while I don't know what new games I'm going to buy to play on this, I do know that I plan on playing ArmA III on this laptop. The ArmA series has always been notoriously fickle with some brands of hardware. I'm not entirely in the know on the problems with ArmA III, but I do know that the previous game, ArmA II, hated AMD processors with a passion, and would be a complete slideshow, even when set at the minimum settings, on high end machines with AMD products. All things considered, I probably should've researched ArmA III's issues, but I totally didn't think about this until I was writing the main post. I understand it's probably not a very good investment to buy a laptop based solely on its ability to play one game, so it's not like I'm trying to find the perfect ArmA III computer to run the game on Ultra, I just want one that can reasonably run the game on Medium to High settings.

Again, any help is appreciated, and if you've read this far, you deserve a medal. I have a nasty habit of accidentally writing an entire College Thesis paper every time I try to ask a small question or explain a simple concept.

Thank you again,
slub (or whatever username I chose for this account because I've already forgot).

Last edited:
May 29, 2020
Visit site
So you mentioned you dont like ryzen but the MSI Bravo is a really good start at that price with 16gb ram, ryzen 7 and rx5500 graphics ive never personally used one but I have herd they are great little machines for 1000.

If your looking for intel the Asus Rog series is probably your better unless you wanna try Lenovo but I personally dont know what to think about that brand. Probably the G531 series this one is the best start. You have 16gb ram, a 9th gen i7, and a gtx 1650 for 975$ at amazon. Personally I would go with the MSI mainly because the graphics are quiet superior in my opinion. Maybe you could find a Bravo that you can customize when you buy it and make it a i7 but idk thoes 2 are my runner ups.

Jun 1, 2020
Visit site
Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop

• 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-9300H (8MB Cache, up to 4.1 GHz, 4 cores)
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design, 6GB GDDR6
  • 8GB 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz
  • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
  • Alpine White with blue accents

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS