Gaming laptop 240hz , question regarding monitor

Feb 14, 2021
Visit site
Hi there guys ,

I curently own an Asus Rog Strix Scar 3 . As I needed a gaming laptop cause I travel a lot etc I also want at home to have the benefit of a bigger screen .

My question is , do I need to buy a 240hz monitor , just cause my laptop Is 240hz , or i can buy a 140hz screen and have the same experience?

Thank you in advance.

Dec 7, 2020
Visit site
I can't speak from personal experience, as the highest I've spent any large amount of time playing on was a 144Hz monitor, but the general consensus I hear during a talk like this is that if you're used to higher you will notice a difference.

Going down from 240Hz to 144Hz doesn't sound like a game breaking experience change to me - it could obviously be worse (using something that's 55Hz as an ugly example) - but I'm almost certain there are people that would turn their nose up at the idea.

Feb 14, 2021
Visit site
I can't speak from personal experience, as the highest I've spent any large amount of time playing on was a 144Hz monitor, but the general consensus I hear during a talk like this is that if you're used to higher you will notice a difference.

Going down from 240Hz to 144Hz doesn't sound like a game breaking experience change to me - it could obviously be worse (using something that's 55Hz as an ugly example) - but I'm almost certain there are people that would turn their nose up at the idea.
Yea well my main point was like , the monitor will be way bigger so maybe the difference won't be that bad.
Cause from 144 to 244 is not that much of a difference, but that's why I keep searching for opinions, so when I buy it to be the right one .

Mar 3, 2021
Visit site
Recently I also saving the same confusion, so one of my friends came and told me that there is no difference between 140Hz and 240Hz. Than I placed my order for my new screen from Department Stores Coupons and they offered me the best price for this screen.

I have that same laptop...Its amazing. So, long story short is that see the difference between 60hz and 144hz is way more noticeable than 144hz vs 240hz. If you grab a 144hz monitor you'll be fine, and honestly you might not even see the difference but I wouldn't go below that though.

TRENDING THREADS