Question Games with random, powerful combinations?

I just finished Hearthstone's Tombs of Terror single player adventure on heroic difficulty and I'm looking for something to fill the void. I downloaded Gwent, but quickly realised what I was looking for wasn't a fresh TCG, but a game that allows me to pick from randomized options every so often, with a chance of getting insanely powerful combinations if you happen to get the right options.

I really enjoyed getting the right options of treasures and cards and getting a ridiculously overpowered deck, though there was always the chance of losing to some bad draws or a deck that happened to counter mine.

So what other games are there out there that give you (randomized) rewards that can result in ridiculous combinations?

EDIT: it doesn't have to be a deck building game. One of the games that came to mind writing this post was Path of Exile.

Last edited:
Might be a but of a wildcard and its not a deck builder, but Hades does give you access to 'boons' from different gods as you play through which can result in some pretty fun synergies between attacks, casts and dodges. Fun game.

I still play Slay the Spire sometimes, the deck you build can get crazy. if you havent tried it yet I definitely recommend that too.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Might be a but of a wildcard and its not a deck builder, but Hades does give you access to 'boons' from different gods as you play through which can result in some pretty fun synergies between attacks, casts and dodges. Fun game.

I still play Slay the Spire sometimes, the deck you build can get crazy. if you havent tried it yet I definitely recommend that too.

It definitely doesn't have to be a deck builder. One of the games that came to mind when I was writing the post was Path of Exile.

I've heard a lot of good things about Hades already and I've just added it to my wishlist. Slay the Spire seems great as well, especially because it's also available on Android. With the limited time I have available nowadays, gaming on my phone helps to sneak in a few minutes here and there throughout the day. Too bad it isn't on the Google Play Pass, I've been considering getting a subscription.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS