Game promos

Jul 8, 2024
Visit site
Being in my 80’s I have to go with the one that started the gaming revolution, Atari’s asteroids as my favorite game. I remember standing for hours at this console playin the game. Great enjoyment.
Now, what I want to discuss. Has anyone noticed that apple has upped the game promo time from 30 seconds for some games to 60 seconds plus 15 seconds after that. It’s lunacy to have a finger tap away for 75 seconds. Getting to the point where you can go for a coffee before your game resumes.
It’s time to boycott those games with over 30 second promos.Enough is enough
Spread the word that we’are mad as h,,, and not going to take
Brimar

Airplane mode used to help, although it's also kind of a workaround - not great when we have to do stuff like this for the sake of just enjoying the game.
I've used Pi Hole for a bit, which worked very well. I eventually abandoned it because I didn't have a separate device I could run it on and I didn't want it to run on my desktop PC all the time. I also only needed it for free phone games as I already block ads everywhere else through other means and I don't play much of those any more.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 2, 2024
Visit site
I've used Pi Hole for a bit, which worked very well. I eventually abandoned it because I didn't have a separate device I could run it on and I didn't want it to run on my desktop PC all the time. I also only needed it for free phone games as I already block ads everywhere else through other means and I don't play much of those any more.

Though I never heard about it - sounds cool. Thank you!

Also, which 'other means' do you... mean?

Though I never heard about it - sounds cool. Thank you!

Also, which 'other means' do you... mean?
I use Firefox with uBlock Origin on all my devices, including my phone. I also use Newpipe on my phone instead of the YouTube app. Together those block 99% of all advertisements I would otherwise see.

There's also SponsorBlock, which automatically skips over sponsor messages YouTubers do, but the YouTubers I watch aren't too obnoxious about them so I haven't used that one yet.

Jul 2, 2024
Visit site
I use Firefox with uBlock Origin on all my devices, including my phone. I also use Newpipe on my phone instead of the YouTube app. Together those block 99% of all advertisements I would otherwise see.

There's also SponsorBlock, which automatically skips over sponsor messages YouTubers do, but the YouTubers I watch aren't too obnoxious about them so I haven't used that one yet.

Sheesh and I still use boring AdGuard with AdBlock. Thank you once again.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I've used Pi Hole for a bit, which worked very well. I eventually abandoned it because I didn't have a separate device I could run it on and I didn't want it to run on my desktop PC all the time.
could run it in a VM maybe... one way to have as many spare PC as you want... just need a PC that can run them and instructions on how to install linux on it.
I have one, so below... win 11 & 10 at same time:
u0QID96.jpg

Curious how CPU loses 600mhz just running win 10. Must be overhead of the VM software.
Win 11 lets you run android apps natively though I am not sure about that one. I didn't play with feature a lot.

latest chrome ad injection method ruins the scripts that Sponsorblock uses to know when the ads are in videos.

Last edited:
could run it in a VM maybe... one way to have as many spare PC as you want... just need a PC that can run them and instructions on how to install linux on it.

Pi Hole has a Docker image you can use to quickly set up a VM. It's also named Pi Hole because it's intended to run on a Raspberry Pi, or similar low power machine you can leave running 24/7.

latest chrome ad injection method ruins the scripts that Sponsorblock uses to know when the ads are in videos.

For now. I don't doubt these ads will be blocked or skipped automatically just like all the other ads, within a few weeks at most.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts