Question Freezes while gaming

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
I started getting this issue very recently, basically when I play games (recently only Genshin Impact since I started getting these freezes) it doesn't give me blue screen but rather black screen and it's struggling to give pictures. It goes black then gray with mouse than again black until I force restart PC. But before it goes black I see red, green and blue dots all over my screen. I checked for drivers and my GPU but it's showing that everything is working fine. I just hope that my GPU is not on its edge and that I need new one. But I would like to know if it's really GPU problem so I can send it back since I have warranty for PC 2 more months.

Processor: Intel i3-10100F 3.60GHz Quad Core
Ram: 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H510M-E
GPU: AFOX AMD Radeon RX 550 4GB

Can you test with another monitor?

Can you use a different cable to connect GPU to monitor?

Good idea to prove it isn't mon or cable before digging inside the box.

Have you looked in Reliability Monitor or Event viewer?

How are temperatures when the problem happens?

Our experts will likely ask about your PSU, make & model—and same re RAM.

Mar 22, 2023
Visit site
I don't have another monitor to test with, I can try with another cable but its not like always sometimes it takes like 8-10hours of gaming sometimes it doesn't crash at all.

Checked right now the Event viewer there are some critical errors but its for Kernel-Power I heard it's nothing to worry about. And there are some Errors like:

A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. (WHEA-Logger)
The previous system shutdown at 3:47:13 AM on ‎10/‎22/‎2023 was unexpected. (EventLog) This is probably last night when I posted the thread.

Temperatures are around 70 degrees Celsius and it does sometimes use 80-100% of my GPU. Also my CPU has 3.6GHz max frequency but sometimes it goes to 4.2 like I overclocked it but I didn't.

My power supply is 500W, I don't know the manufacturer but I think its MS

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS