FPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Playing fos like warzone I am getting around 120-130 fps on 1440p high settings. If i bump down to 1080p high I can reach around 170 fps.

Will I notice a difference in 170 vs 130 or should I stay at 1440? This is a newb question I know...

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
It depends on your monitor. If your monitor refresh rate is 60Hz, then no - you won't notice anything above 60 fps. If you are gaming on 144Hz monitor, then the same applies -> you won't notice higher framerate than 144.

In older FPS games super high fps allowed players to be slightly more effective even on 60Hz displays, but unless you're top1% competetive and want to get into pro-scene I doubt it's worth the effort.

MangoPop

BANNED
Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I used to be totally engrossed in fps numbers but now I'm gaming at 1080p @ 60Hz on a 55" TV, turn on V-sync (or use FAST in Nvidia Control Panel - depends on the game and how it handles V-sync) and put my attention fully towards playing and enjoying the games I'm playing

Last edited:
Reactions: gpnugraha
Aug 6, 2020
Visit site
It depends on your monitor. If your monitor refresh rate is 60Hz, then no - you won't notice anything above 60 fps. If you are gaming on 144Hz monitor, then the same applies -> you won't notice higher framerate than 144.

In older FPS games super high fps allowed players to be slightly more effective even on 60Hz displays, but unless you're top1% competetive and want to get into pro-scene I doubt it's worth the effort.
Oh man, i have 60hz monitor and when i'm playing Fornite i can certainly tell you when its 60 or 100+ frames.
It becomes harder to notice the diference between 140-170

Reactions: gpnugraha
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS