Announcement Forum Migrations Complete 05/23

CParsons

Staff member
Howdy folks,

We have now completed the migration process to the latest version of Xenforo and moved hosting. While there is expected to be minimal impact, upgrading to the latest version of XenForo may cause potential issues that weren't apparent in testing. Please feel free to let us know if you encounter anything game changing in this thread.

Below are a few known changes that aren't bugs:

• As part of the update profile images (or Cover images as they were referred to) have been removed as the add-on that enabled this is now out of date and the feature is core to the latest version of XenForo so feel free to add them again.
  • The newest version of XenForo handles previewing posts in a much more minimalist way. It's quick and simple but also not 100% clear especially when you're used to the old way. We don't know if this is something we can adjust, but be aware that while it may seem like nothing is happening it is showing you what the post will look like.
  • Quick Thread was causing some issues with the latest update so that has been removed.
  • In terms of site responsiveness it's difficult to gauge right after maintenance, we'll be keeping an eye on things to make sure any slow speeds are temporary.

On the overview of watched threads, some of them have a newline after the number of replies, which makes them taller than necessary.

Screenshot-20230502-210225-Firefox.jpg

I also can't use the WYSIWYG buttons any more. There used to be a button to switch to WYSIWYG and back, but that seems to be gone. And I'm not sure what the button in the top right is supposed to do, the one with a magnifying glass on a paper.

Lastly, not a bug, but I don't appreciate being told my experience will be better if I accept push notifications after I've already denied them and making me confirm I really don't want them.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
Looking good! I don't see any new bugs.

The funny width-sizing issue is still there. For some reason, if I make my browser window more than 1000 (ish) pixels wide, it reverts to a thinner version of the page. Basically, the reactive resizing is being weird when you change the width. Making the window wider shouldn't ever make the content area thinner.

Reactions: Pifanjr
The funny width-sizing issue is still there
It looks like more around the 1440 wide on mine where this happens. It introduces a third column on the right side, which has content for ~3,000 pixels deep—so it'll look empty if you're farther down a thread.

Making the window wider shouldn't ever make the content area thinner
It's always going to get thinner when another column enters the 'picture'. Standard stuff with responsive design—ie pages made to accommodate many screen sizes from phone to desktop—as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: Pifanjr
Push notifications options are on the first page of Settings, you may need to scroll down a little.
It does confirm you don't want to see them again but only once unless you use scripts that kill cookies as it will ask you again otherwise.

Did you people try the toggle width button at bottom right of all forum pages? its the button to left of the theme changer
0rtXbyV.jpg

it might help

Last edited:
So I use a 2k monitor but generally don't have browser full screen
the width of a window needed to show all the buttons along top is just a little too wide for me to run with 2 windows side by side (with them being equal size)
this is what it normally looks like
vym3Mft.jpg

but if I drag it a little to the left
TAl7qGH.jpg

The hidden ones reappear.

Be nice if the media choice was always showing. Or if the gap between the last burger menu and arrows was smaller... but I bet that is there so it looks good on mobile.

I also can't use the WYSIWYG buttons any more. There used to be a button to switch to WYSIWYG and back, but that seems to be gone. And I'm not sure what the button in the top right is supposed to do, the one with a magnifying glass on a paper.
I'm not sure if it was added or if I just missed it the first time around, but I now found the WYSIWYG toggle (it's the brackets under the "More options..." next to the undo button on the top right).

Also, on desktop when hovering over the button with the magnifying glass I can see that it is the preview button, so that mystery is solved as well.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS