First Building Conclusion

I would spend more money on a better PSU, something from EVGA or Corsair won't kill rest of your parts. And it is what it says it is on box.
its not same model but if their "better" psu don't even get ratings they meant to, who knows about lower ones. Better to be sure.

why buy win 10 on dvd, get the USB version unless you just want license and intend to download the latest Installer anyway

Sep 3, 2021
Visit site
Fix those problems, ya didn't mean to put in the list 32GB and Windows DVD.
Switched to 2x8 16GB and Windows 10 USB. And switched to the Corsair PSU. Thanks, guys. Hopefully, this set will be great and the idea of using APU will work for now.

Sep 3, 2021
Visit site
Expect only thing it really needs in future is a real GPU but thats pretty good place to start.
Awesome. Ya, I was thinking that would be the plan just to have something that can still do some of its own work and wait for the GPU market to be back to normal.

People told me to just get a pre-build but it would be easier to slowly spend money than just paying 1,200 for a decent build. That's my logic.

There are lots of cheap parts used in pre builts. lots of cut corners that you only notice when you look.
  • Using cheaper MB and then adding a WiFi card if the person wants it, instead of a MB with WiFi.
  • Using a 120mm AIO that can have 2 fans attached, but only actually has 1 AIO fan attached, and instead putting a Chassis fan on front as 2nd fan (chassis fans don't work as well as AIO fans on radiators)
  • using cases that don't have fan hubs and wiring fans direct to PSU.
And that is just 1 Cyberpower PC.

Only reason to buy a pre built is they can get GPU BUT they know that and are putting cheaper made GPU in to bite the people just buying their PC for the GPU. And in process anyone else silly enough to buy a Dell for gaming.

I am too picky to just pick a PC off a website and buy it.

If I were to get anyone to build a PC for me, I would want to be able to pick all the parts, or from a list of parts they stock. There are places like that in my country, you can get good parts and not have to worry about building it yourself or returning parts if they are faulty when you get them. They will test PC works before sending it out.

A friend of mine has done that with his last 3 PC and he has yet to have a problem with them. Only parts that have died were from old age.

Sep 3, 2021
Visit site
There are lots of cheap parts used in pre builts. lots of cut corners that you only notice when you look.
  • Using cheaper MB and then adding a WiFi card if the person wants it, instead of a MB with WiFi.
  • Using a 120mm AIO that can have 2 fans attached, but only actually has 1 AIO fan attached, and instead putting a Chassis fan on front as 2nd fan (chassis fans don't work as well as AIO fans on radiators)
  • using cases that don't have fan hubs and wiring fans direct to PSU.
And that is just 1 Cyberpower PC.

Only reason to buy a pre built is they can get GPU BUT they know that and are putting cheaper made GPU in to bite the people just buying their PC for the GPU. And in process anyone else silly enough to buy a Dell for gaming.

I am too picky to just pick a PC off a website and buy it.

If I were to get anyone to build a PC for me, I would want to be able to pick all the parts, or from a list of parts they stock. There are places like that in my country, you can get good parts and not have to worry about building it yourself or returning parts if they are faulty when you get them. They will test PC works before sending it out.

A friend of mine has done that with his last 3 PC and he has yet to have a problem with them. Only parts that have died were from old age.

Thanks for the reply,

I wish I had stores that were like that problem is I live in the middle of nowhere and can only rely online. I'm totally fine with building the pc myself, I built my truck shouldn't be too much of a difference :tearsofjoy:. I just don't know anything about pcs.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 3, 2021
Visit site
Went to the nearest shop, great guys. This is a list of what they had and recommend. What do you guys think?

IS-10400 - 229.99

Asus Prime B560 Plus - 159.99

1 Tb NvME - 139.99

750w PSU - 119.99

Corsair ATX Case - 89.99

Wifi card- 34.99

3060 12 GB GPU didn't give me a name- $800

2x8GB Ram didn't give a name- $120

cost total $1694.94

TRENDING THREADS