Question First AIO water-cooler Installation. Is this mounting okay?

Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
I purchased this Artic Freezer 360mm cooler after purchasing the case and didn't do enough research. Come to find out it is less beneficial to install the radiator in this fashion because of possible air bubbles. However, I cannot mount it on the top. My temps are fine when gaming with 13700K but I see the same build online getting 28c idle with this cooler and I'm nowhere near that more like 38-48 idle. So I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. any advice would be appreciated!

[Mod edit: link broken, deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Idealy is to mount it on top (Or even better, front mount tubes down) but having it in fromt with tubes up is compleetly fine as long as the top of the radiator is above the pump which they look likey they are in your case, that means the air will be trapped at the top of the radiator and not in the pump. The thing to look out for over time is Permeation (look it up it's complicated) but depending on how good the manufacturer are at filling upp their system, material types, heat cycles etc etc etc, it might happen in 10 years or it might never happen before the thing runs out of life anyway but if you start hearing "bubbling" sounds after a while (it is normal in the begining before all air has moved around the system) you might want look in to it.

TLDR, you are fine.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Idealy is to mount it on top (Or even better, front mount tubes down) but having it in fromt with tubes up is compleetly fine as long as the top of the radiator is above the pump which they look likey they are in your case, that means the air will be trapped at the top of the radiator and not in the pump. The thing to look out for over time is Permeation (look it up it's complicated) but depending on how good the manufacturer are at filling upp their system, material types, heat cycles etc etc etc, it might happen in 10 years or it might never happen before the thing runs out of life anyway but if you start hearing "bubbling" sounds after a while (it is normal in the begining before all air has moved around the system) you might want look in to it.

TLDR, you are fine.

Okay thanks for the reply! Would it be worth it to purchase a case that allows me to fit the radiator on the top. Would this reduce my temps or would that more be for prolonging the life of the pump?

Okay thanks for the reply! Would it be worth it to purchase a case that allows me to fit the radiator on the top. Would this reduce my temps or would that more be for prolonging the life of the pump?
Probably not worth it unless you realy want a new case :)

Radiator Fan Configuration: Does It Matter? - The Workshop - YouTube

There are other factors though, if you mount the radiator on top you can get better airflow to the GPU but tepending on the GPU that might not make much difference either other than slightly lower volume from the fans.
I have tested diferent configs in my case myself and the placement of the radiator made more or less no diference, maybe a degree or 2 on the CPU here and there. HOWEVER, having it in the front sucking air from the outside made the fans spin slower since the watertemp got a bit lower, ie lower sound volume but as i have it now it is hardly a noticable diference either, i have mine top mounted blowing out so taking air from insde the case.

A different case can make allot of difference for other resons though like better airflow etc. But that allso depends on how good your current case is on that front.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS