Finished TV series—who watches?

Page 5 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm re-watching Shogun. I find it funny that this "mini-series" has a total run time of just over 9 hours. It's just 10 minutes shorter than the first season of Game of Thrones and four hours longer than the first season of Loki. By comparison, a season of M*A*S*H would have been more like 10 hours, and those episodes were for half hour time slots.

Apr 14, 2024
Visit site
I can't recall the last time I watched a fiction series live, ie one episode per week—roughly 8-10 years ago I suppose. We now watch mostly shows which have finished, or have a few seasons done and seem promising.

Mainstay are Brit cop & mystery shows. If you like US cop shows, then you may want to avoid—there are very few shootouts, car chases or explosions. Low-key slow-paced typically, more focused on the characters than the action.

Funnily enough, currently watching a short French cop show which I'll briefly cover when done—only 16 episodes.

Do you have a similar habit?
I just finished watching ‘Stranger Things’, and I highly recommend it! The blend of '80s nostalgia, supernatural elements, and compelling characters kept me hooked.

Last edited:
Who Is Erin Carter? 2023, 7x48m
Evin Ahmad
Sean Teale
Douglas Henshall
Pretty good fast-paced thriller set in Barcelona—just suspend some belief and enjoy.
Douglas is only actor I know from elsewhere—lead in the excellent Shetland—but the cast is okay. Evin is very good and credible in her lead role.

75/100
Finished watching this 3 or 4 days ago. More or less agree with your comments. I did find episode 4 a bit strange - not in that what was in it, but they seem to want to tell you everything about Erin's past all at once rather than drip feeding it.

A strong theme of what would you do for your family if you thought it was threaten. A similar theme to the film "The Mother" which is also on Netflix.

Probably worth watching again in 3 or 4 years time.

"Rebel Moon - Part 1"

I think that I agree with DXCHASE in that the pacing was a bit off - perhaps too fast. Also I never got to the bit were you care about what happens to the "good guys". Has a touch of "The Magnificent Seven" about it. I will probably watch Part 2 but at the moment it's a one-watch wonder.

5 or 6 out of 10.

its been a while since i updated my list of things to watch. been mostly watching reality show tv like the uk apprentice, documentaries and the like rather then any actual shows. but that said i did finally get round to watching season 4 of What we do in the shadows.

For those not in the know the series is a spin off of the movie what we do in the shadows. A mockumentary following a group of vampires in Stanton island and their day to day struggles. In Series 4 the entire gang return to their home only to find it in much disrepair and it leads to nadja deciding to set up a new vampire club like in the movie blade. Complete with blood sprinklers. The series pivots between the new bar, nandor's attempts at getting a bride (which involves a genie) and taking care of the child spawn of colin robinson.

Like the previous last seasons, its a cracker as its immensely funny as they try to manage awkward situations and try to survive in a modern human world. Well worth a watch with outstanding performance all around.

Death in Paradise 2011, 100+ x 1h
Elizabeth Bourgine
Don Warrington
Danny John-Jules
This may be my fav feel-good relaxing show, which is still in production. 4 cops to mind a small Caribbean island, one of them an out-of-place Englishman who runs it under the watchful eye of Don, the Commissioner.

The mysteries are almost always good, and there's a Poirot-like final exposition scene to wrap up each episode. But the driver is the humor and camaraderie within the group, plus the Caribbean vibe running thru it all.

9/10

Beyond Paradise 2023, 12 x 58m
Kris Marshall
Zahra Ahmadi
Sally Bretton
Spinoff of DiP featuring Kris reprising his DiP role as Detective Inspector, but this time in Devon [SW England]. Same as DiP but a bit less sunshine and joie de vivre. 2 short seasons so far.

Kris is great, he was probably my fav Inspector in DiP—still the same goofy quirks. Zahra and Sally are his Sergeant and fiancée, and fit in well—seems to be good chemistry all round.

7/10

Reactions: Frindis

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts