Final Fantasy 7 rebirth

A small personal review on the game ;)

Stepping back into Midgar in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth felt like a punch to the gut. Sure, there was the familiar sprawl of Shinra HQ, the neon-drenched chaos of Wall Market – but a heavy silence hung in the air.

The destruction from Sephiroth's rampage was everywhere, a constant reminder of what's at stake.

But Midgar is just the beginning. The world beyond has blossomed into something incredible. Lush forests teeming with life give way to desolate wastelands whispering of the planet's pain.

It's not just a backdrop anymore; it's a living, breathing character, each location meticulously crafted to tell its own story.

And the story itself? Forget everything you thought you knew. Rebirth throws out the "remake" rulebook.

Sure, the core events from the original are there, but they're twisted and reshaped in unexpected ways. Aerith's fate hangs heavier than ever, and Cloud wrestles with a darkness that threatens to consume him.

It's a rollercoaster of emotions, masterfully weaving moments of laughter with gut-wrenching tragedy. Let's just say I wasn't expecting some of the revelations this game threw at me.

The combat? Oh man, the combat. It takes everything I loved about the remake and cranks it up to eleven. Real-time action remains the core, but it's deeper, more strategic.
Tifa's martial arts are a joy to unleash, a whirlwind of punches and kicks. Aerith's magic support keeps me topped up and raining down the pain on our enemies.

The Materia system is back in a big way, letting me customize my party and unleash devastating spells. Battles are a constant dance of strategy, reflexes, and pure exhilaration. Every boss encounter is a spectacle, a test of everything I've learned.

And the soundtrack? Let me tell you, it's phenomenal. Classic FFVII melodies get a modern makeover, while new compositions perfectly capture the world's emotional weight. The voice acting is top-notch, breathing life into every character, both familiar and new.

The sound design is equally impressive, immersing me in the world with every clang of a sword, roar of an engine, and whisper of the wind.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is more than just a game; it's an experience. It's a testament to the power of storytelling and the ability of games to transport us to other worlds.

It's a game that will stay with me long after the credits roll, leaving me pondering its themes and desperate to see where the story goes next.

Now, it's not perfect. The open world, while gorgeous, can feel a bit empty in some corners. Some side quests feel like filler content, a distraction from the main story. But honestly? Those are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is a triumph. It builds upon the foundation of the remake while forging its own unique identity. With its stunning visuals, captivating narrative, and exhilarating combat, Rebirth is a masterpiece that deserves a place in every gamer's library.

It's a game that will be remembered for years to come, a shining example of what video games can achieve at their absolute best. And for a fan like me? It's a dream come true.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts