Question Farming Simulator 22 drop to 34 fps

Jun 24, 2022
Visit site
I get this weird problem.. While playing Farming Simulator 22, sometimes screen goes black for a second, and then fps drops to 34, and stay that way.. No idea why its happening.. I also fighting with holding 60 fps.. I try changing settings from high to low, at lowest settings I still get the fps drop, from 60 to like 50, sometimes 40... I noticed that if settings are high and GPU use is like 70% game holds those 60 fps but there are little drops of fps, 2-3 fps lag the game... Dunno why and its making me angry.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, 3.9GHz,
MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
CPU SilentiumPC Fortis 3 RGB
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, DDR4, 16 GB,3000MHz, CL15
SSD Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe
SilentiumPC Vero M 3 700w
Gigabyte Rtx 3070ti gaming OC 8gb

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "While playing fps blocks at 34fps..".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ZedClampet
I get this weird problem.. While playing Farming Simulator 22...
You have a significantly better PC than I do, but it runs great on mine. Have you checked all the usual stuff like making sure you have the latest drivers installed and verifying your file integrity?

Also, mods and user made maps are very popular. Since your problem sounds a bit like a memory leak, if you are using mods and user made maps, I would start a new game on a vanilla map with no mods and see if you still have the problem. If not, then you know it's a mod/map.

They do offer support on their website. You could try asking them for help, but not until you have the same problem without mods.

By the way, if the problem is a mod, it would be in a script mod, a mod that changes something about how the game plays, as opposed to a mod that adds a tractor or something..

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jun 24, 2022
Visit site
I started playing in December.. Game at that time work fine, with Windows 10 at the point. .. But then, some new driver update for rtx pops up.. Then my problems starts.. Screen freezing for 5-10 seconds, or screen going black and only sound from game in background...

I thought, Windows reinstall might help.. I did that.. And then the big problem with that game begins, max 40 fps no matter what graphics setting, low or high, only 40 fps and massive lag....

My friend told me, that I should update to Windows 11.. I did that and it helps a little.. I get 60 fps back, but fps drops to 50, sometimes to 45 and it couse big lag on screen.. So I quit playing that game for some time..

I played Witcher 3, Gta 5, the Forest, Fifa 22, Dying Light 1 and 2... I didn't notice that fps drop in those games, but sometimes this 2-3 second black screen problem occurs ... I made some benchmark tests.. According to the results of these tests, everything was fine with the graphics card and RAM memory...

And im furious now.. Because FS 22 should work with no problem on my PC even on very high graphics settings... In April I returned to FS 22.. I change the power supply from 500W to 700 because I noticed in task manager, that the fs 22 have very high energy demand.

At high settings, the graphics usage did not exceed 20 percent... I tried different variants of the graphics settings, on low settings game was even more lagging than before.. Then I came across some junk article on the internet about rtx cards .. According to this article, the card requires an average of 50% load for stable work during the game..

So, I set everything thing i could, manually, on very high.. Game starts working better.. But that little lag still happening. And this thing with locking fps at 34... Screen goes black for 3 sec and then fps goes down, 34 frames.. Only pc restart helps. I get that 4 times when I was trying to play last night.

I tried playing on clean game, without mods, this problem still occurred.. I have latest nvidia, windows and bios drivers.. I do not have a friend living close to me with whom I could replace the GPU for the test...

Generally, I would like to apologize if I make any typos or spellings incorrectly. English is my third language, and I'm not using Google translate because I don't trust it. I am looking for help on an English-speaking forum because I could not find it on native forums.

[Mod edit: added paragraph breaks for readability.]

Last edited:
I started topic at that nvidia forum, no one reply for now...

Meanwhile, do you think that my problems may be due to the fact that my power supply is too weak?
Based on the components you have listed, the recommended PSU would deliver 800 to 900 Watts based on the calculator at Newegg, so that could indeed be a problem and is one of the main causes of black screens.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS