Fairbuds XL noise cancelling headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Those headphones from Fairbuds sound like a great option for those who prioritize ease of repair and battery replacement in their tech products. It’s always encouraging to see companies designing products with sustainability in mind. I will definitely check out the review you shared.

Reactions: ipman
Well I got the new fairbuds XL and they are just as good as my Sony's, except completely repairable and the battery can be replaced in minutes.

I think there is obviously a much needed shift towards repairable and sustainable tech. Both the EU and New York State are passing bills and have passed bills for more repairable tech, diagnostics info, spare parts and independent repair facilities.

There are obvious benefits for the consumer in that they can repair or upgrade different parts continually.

Plus with dwindling resources repairing and recycling makes sense for manufacturers as well.

(I've been reading a few Ars Technica articles, but need to find out more).

I think PC builders have been ahead of the curve on this for decades, even some laptops can now be repaired and upgraded internally.

Also with forums like Tom's Hardware, information and advice has never been so accessible. That site is a goldmine of information.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I think I read that Apple may be moving in this direction too, which would be great—Louis Rossmann will the thrilled and vindicated.
Yes I've read about a few major tech companies looking to move forward from 'throw-away consumption'.

The problem is that many of the raw materials used in modern tech are hard to extract and refine(see YT) and the Chinese have been stealthily buying up the rights to mines in Africa and S. America. Which means they may have a monopoly and mining planets will be very expensive.

Next I'm getting the Fairphone 4:)

Reactions: Brian Boru
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS